Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of impacted wisdom tooth removal

Options
  • 13-11-2019 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi , just wondering if anyone has any idea of cost for the removal of an impacted wisdom tooth by an oral surgeon?

It is a lower tooth and has caused me a number of infections. My own dentist had removed the corresponding upper tooth to try prevent more issues but now says it needs to come out but just gave me some names of surgeons to make contact with. Am I right in thinking it would have to be under general anaesthetic? I don't have private health care so worried about the costs!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Jmcc23 wrote: »
    Hi , just wondering if anyone has any idea of cost for the removal of an impacted wisdom tooth by an oral surgeon?

It is a lower tooth and has caused me a number of infections. My own dentist had removed the corresponding upper tooth to try prevent more issues but now says it needs to come out but just gave me some names of surgeons to make contact with. Am I right in thinking it would have to be under general anaesthetic? I don't have private health care so worried about the costs!:confused:

It can be done under local anesthetic, sedation or general anesthetic depending on the patient...

If just one tooth and the patient is not nervous then LA would be ok.
    Cost for the procedure would be €300ish depending on who you see. You would need to also factor in €150 for consultation & xrays etc...
    Sedation adds expense, GA adds prohibitive expense to this....!
    All of the above can be put on a med 2 and you can claim 20% back through your taxes...

Good luck
    OS

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jmcc23

Much appreciated, thank you for the response.

Advertisement