Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two sides illusion

Options
  • 09-05-2012 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello, I am new to the forum so I'm not sure if this is legal to ask. I was wondering if anyone could give me information on how one could appear to present both sides of something such as ruler, while only presenting one. I would prefer to avoid spinning the ruler as well. I am wondering if it would be possible to do with a motion that resembles opening a door knob with only a single hand. If this is poorly worded/illegal please just let me know and I will remove. Thank you for your time. I would just like to know where I can find more information (if this has already been done before) or how I might go about figuring something out myself. I am very new to illusions but they are extremely interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

dmasse wrote: »
    Hello, I am new to the forum so I'm not sure if this is legal to ask. I was wondering if anyone could give me information on how one could appear to present both sides of something such as ruler, while only presenting one. I would prefer to avoid spinning the ruler as well. I am wondering if it would be possible to do with a motion that resembles opening a door knob with only a single hand. If this is poorly worded/illegal please just let me know and I will remove. Thank you for your time. I would just like to know where I can find more information (if this has already been done before) or how I might go about figuring something out myself. I am very new to illusions but they are extremely interesting.

This is a pretty basic move known as the paddle move. You can get a set of paddles from most magic shops, and I believe Mark Wilsons magic book goes into detail on the move.

Advertisement