Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the biggest muppet of them all?......

Options
  • 09-10-2001 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

Driving home tonight some twat nearly drove right into me. The reason? He was wearing sunglasses while driving at night! :eek::rolleyes::eek: People were beeping and yelling and....gesturing at him but I'd say he had no clue because he just couldn't see. He was doing 60 on the dual carrigeway and weaving all over the place :rolleyes: How stupid do you have to be to drive wearing sunglasses at night? Was he trying to look cool? Did he see the film Crash and think it was a good idea? The mind boggles.

For sheer stupidity I've only seen worse in the Darwin awards - and you never know - he might be in tomorrows paper and be an entry. What's the most stupid thing you've seen then? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well there may be method to his madness... u see it can get hard driveing at nite what with the ássholes who don't dim their lights thus wearing sunglasses may not be all that stupid!

But i take ur point it is a stupid idea, but i can see where he's coming from :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The sunglasses dont explain him weaving all over the place. Perhaps he was a tad inebreated due to alcohol consumption.

Wearing sunglasses while driving at night is very dangerous. Sure it might reduce the effects of glare from oncoming cars but it would completely remove your ability to see any unlit obstacles and especially pedestrians (Although I doubt they'd be on the dual carriageway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Another candidate:

This happened to a good friend of a mate of mine.

He is an intercontinental lorry driver who was returning from a long cross continental run. He had just gotten off the ferry into dublin and was driving towards the West of ireland on the motorway. He had had some sleep on the ferry and as such wasn't tired behind the wheel.

The muppet was an eastern european lorry driver who was delivering goods to ireland. He turned up the wrong slip road off the motorway. He then decided that rather than rejoining properly, he would reverse back down the slip road with no harazd warning lights or any form of lighting showing.

The unlucky returning driver rammed straight up his árse at 60 Mph + destroying his truch and smashing half the bones in his body. He was left in intensive care in extreme danger afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

the sheer simplicity of it is what gets me : It's night-time. It's already dark. What the **** would you want sunglasses for? Was it some blind guy trying to emulate what'shisname (Al Pacino?) in Scent of a Woman? IMO it was some twat trying to look cool with too few brain cells to realise how dangerous it was. It just beggars belief.

That truck story sounds nasty though *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Nothing to do with cars but muppet all the same...

In the local shop swapping my POS jumpgate game for Commandos2 and the guy in front of me wants to pay by cheque for some game.

The woman behind the counter says "I need to see some ID". So he shows her his drivers license. She then says (mind boggle time) "I need your social security number". She then photocopies those 2 + the cheque onto a sheet of paper and the guy is ok with this.

For people not familar with the US... with those three items it is enough information to steal someones identity, get a loan, credit card, etc. The guy may as well emptied his bank account and poured the cash and all his cards on the counter.

I mention to the woman behind the counter that it is illegal for her to ask for your social security number (only banks and the goverment afaik are allowed) but they look at me as if I have three heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Just a little puzzling...

He's doing 60.
    He's weaving all over the place.
    Its dark.

How do you know they are sunglasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I observed him weaving all over the place at 60 but overtook him at about 40 after a roundabout. I beeped and gestured and he turned to look at me, so I saw the sunglasses in the light from the streetlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    He was wearing sunglasses while driving at night! :eek::rolleyes::eek:

I wonder if a certain soundtrack was playing on his car stereo...

--

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses." ... "Hit it!"
    --Jake and Elwood Blues

--

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Walked into Ranelagh during the week and just as I came up to the traffic lights at Marlborough Road, I saw 4 cars pull off - about 5 seconds later the lights went green ...

Advertisement