Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launchers

Options
  • 22-11-2019 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

• Steam
    • Epic
    • itch.io
    • Origin
    • GOG
    • Xbox
    • Uplay
    • Rockstar
    • Bethesda

I remember seeing an April fools joke about a launcher launcher but in reality, it's badly required now.
    Is there anything out there that brings all these platforms together? Because I haven't a clue where to find anything I own these days!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Have you tried GOG Galaxy 2.0? It has most of the launchers you've listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Yeah, the new GOG Galaxy 2.0 is what you need.
    It's improving all the time, with the latest update eliminating duplicates of your games and auto shutting down launchers after game ends.

Also the open-source plugin list for it has grown massively as well, now includes emulators :)
    https://github.com/Mixaill/awesome-gog-galaxy

Another option that works well is Playnite, it's open-source and it's a bit more techy focused, but you have full control of games, covers etc.
    Version 6.0 will be released later today;
    https://playnite.link/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Knew there had to be something but couldn't think what to google for best results. I'll try both later. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I've been in the waiting list to join the Beta for 2.0 for months now, damn shame it can't be forced through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I've been in the waiting list to join the Beta for 2.0 for months now, damn shame it can't be forced through.
    I got the invitation in July and used the program about 3 times since :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I bought a lot from GOG 1.0 because I like DRM free and I thought they'd eventually implement the most requested feature for it ever but when they announced 2.0 as the one ring to rule them, with bloody console support of all things as a priority before my platform I dropped them for steam. I launch my gog games through lutris now as the only other client from steam and I pretty much don't buy my games anywhere else now because valve are the only one who seem to put real effort into the platform.

I just received an invitation email from GOG. Might be a new batch being sent out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got mine over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In open beta now so assume everyone getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

dirty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

surprised they are allowed to use the other launchers. individual launchers can't push their games if everyone uses gog launcher

Advertisement