Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyne gp and leinster autumn race

Options
  • 02-08-2020 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Just FYI
    Boyne gp Saturday Aug 15th near slane
    A4 race 10am spaces still available
    A3JUN race 10am full
    A1a2 race 11.45am full
    Parking stackallen pitch n putt club

Leinster autumn race Sunday Aug 16th bellewstown
    A4 race 10am spaces still available
    A3jun race 10am bout 20 places available
    A1a2 11.45am bout 20 places available
    Parking bellewstown racecourse
    Entry on eventmaster via cycling Ireland website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone able to give a brief course review for Boyne GP?

Seems to be a drag per lap & a course for a breakaway as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭wav1

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone able to give a brief course review for Boyne GP?

Seems to be a drag per lap & a course for a breakaway as well.
    Circuit maps and profiles for both days are on www.droghedawheelers.ie

wav1 wrote: »
    Circuit maps and profiles for both days are on www.droghedawheelers.ie

I've seen both but i also like to get some rider input on new courses where possible.

I've seen both but i also like to get some rider input on new courses where possible.
    Ah fair enough..cant give you a riders take on it but boyne gp circuit is fair but deceptive
    Long 2kish drag to the finish..very popular circuit with the riders over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭LCD

Some very fast sections with a couple of tough drags and hard corners. The road up to the finish has a very dead surface & drags on & on. Been a few years since I was on it but can't imagine it has been resurfaced.

Hardest part is on the back road before you join the main N51 Navan - Slane Road. It kicks levels then kicks again

• Advertisement

Ah fair enough..cant give you a riders take on it but boyne gp circuit is fair but deceptive
    Long 2kish drag to the finish..very popular circuit with the riders over the years
    LCD wrote: »
    Some very fast sections with a couple of tough drags and hard corners. The road up to the finish has a very dead surface & drags on & on. Been a few years since I was on it but can't imagine it has been resurfaced.

Hardest part is on the back road before you join the main N51 Navan - Slane Road. It kicks levels then kicks again

Thanks lads.

Long drag to the line will kill a few off if still there hopefully. It seems like a course to be handy.

Roll on tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

new courses where possible.

the course has been the same for the past 7 or 8 yrs!

its draggy and fast, with some kickers. Long drag to the finish. Fast downhills.

lennymc wrote: »
    the course has been the same for the past 7 or 8 yrs!

its draggy and fast, with some kickers. Long drag to the finish. Fast downhills.

New for me, never raced it before.

Sounds like I'll roll with the 25 block, go hard or get dropped as per normal this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Early solo break and (likely) victory for me. I've zero A4 points on the board so far, but I read a lot of cycling books so I know what I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Early solo break and (likely) victory for me. I've zero A4 points on the board so far, but I read a lot of cycling books so I know what I'm doing.

keep it at 600 watts for the duration and you will be fine

• Advertisement

Great days racing and thanks to all involved.

Loved the course & will be back next year with better legs.

Last lap mishap put paid to my race, two punctures and both rims damaged due to an uncalled pothole, very annoying if I'm being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I also thoroughly enjoyed the race, even if I found parts tough going. Great loop to race on; LCD's description was bang on. Put in a dig of sorts late in the final lap but I don't have the legs to compete with the sharp end. Much safer race than the most recent one I did which was a messy free-for-all. Sorry to hear about the wheels dahat.

Sorry about the wheels dahat..but glad ye enjoyed.
    Bit of a struggle promoting races at present but huge thanks to the army of help we got there.
    Now just today to get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Our club spin was close by yesterday and we stopped to spectate, some serious suffering witnessed. Well done to everyone and organisers (who there were many of)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Raymzor

Sorry about the wheels dahat..but glad ye enjoyed.
    Bit of a struggle promoting races at present but huge thanks to the army of help we got there.
    Now just today to get sorted

Great credit to Drogheda Wheelers for yesterday’s race. Well organised, well run, well done.

Advertisement