Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 nights in Wexford town

Options
  • 02-08-2020 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Staycation to Wexford this week. Any tips or recommendations for places to go or things to do. & Decent pub grub spots.

Thanks 😎

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Not pub grub but I'd always recommend Cistin Eile for lunch, prices are reasonable, portions are decent and grub is amazing. Riverbank Hotel was always good for food but I haven't been there for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CMCXCV

First of welcome to Wexford.

Please follow the covid19 guidelines and restrictions in shops/public places.

For things to do there is plenty of places and options. (depending on if you have a car)

As stated above Cistin Eile is brilliant, one of the nicest restaurants in Wexford at the moment.
    There is a few bars that are selling food at the moment. One of them being the Crown Bar. It's best to ring them up and book it, its a very modern pub. Food is good priced and the staff are very friendly. There is Thomas Moore Tavern and the Stores aswell, but The Crown would be my first choice everytime. Riverbank Hotel and Whitford are both two really good places for food also.

If you are outside of Wexford town, you should drive down to Rosslare Strand, theres two places down there aswell as a beach, chippers and ice cream shops. There is the Wild and Native and Sinnotts on the Strand(Only recently opened). These would be very busy and you can book them online from their Facebook page.

Kilmore Quay is another good shout for a walk around and some nice places to eat. Mary Barrys bar is down there and one of the best Seafood restaurants in my opinion, not sure if you would get a booking handy tho. There is also Kehoes pub and the wooden house down there for a bit of grub.

Another place I'd recommend visiting is Curracloe beach, theres a walk through the woods or you can walk along the beach or you can just do both.

Hook lighthouse is another good shout and you can do a walk around it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coolejude

Alternative in town DINNER venues:

Schnitzelhaus: German cuisine, reasonable price, good food and service with outdoor seating overlooking crescent Quay, great beer too.

Spice: very good Indian cuisine

Vine: excellent Thai cuisine

Frank’s Place: newly opened wine bar with sharing plates, good menu

Greenacres: Good for a finer dining experience

Thomas MooreTavern: Great bar and restaurant

CAFÉS

D’Lush: Excellent for breakfast and lunch

Trimmers Lane Café: excellent food and coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Another restaurant, this time Malaysian cuisine, is The Red Elephant on the quays, lovely food and draught beer. One of my favourites, also I concur with the Crown, lovely food and staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The aforementioned Riverbank is still alive and well, and the food remains top notch.

Would echo the recommendation of the Red Elephant above too. Ordinarily, I would highly recommend The Yard as well, but I am not sure if it is re-opened due to Covid. Food is class in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Ordinarily, I would highly recommend The Yard as well, but I am not sure if it is re-opened due to Covid. Food is class in there.

The Yard, sadly, has closed for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CMCXCV

RadioRetro wrote: »
    The Yard, sadly, has closed for good.

Yes sadly both the Yard and T Morris are closed for good now.

Advertisement