Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭H_Lime

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have my eye on a bike on Donedeal but sure you cant view it or get anywhere near it at the moment
    This is true and I imagine there's a lot of owners who will need to sell because of bat flu as well. Mad times on every front eh.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-vfr400-nc30/24627660
    Desirable yokes, well to me anyway. Strong money but looks clean. Missing decals and no pic of lhs. Has a buddy bike, cbr250?

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-goldwing-1800cc/24561531
    All the toys and extras indeed...

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-dr-350/24494058
    Didn't know the army used them. Yanks love these as did the terra circa boyos. Darien gap here I come. Without a book the price is ambitious to me. Lovely tho.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2007-yamaha-fz6/24533080
    For Lenny:)

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/ktm-990-sm/24556512
    Giz a go.
    Where's the cans!

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/1978-cb750-cafe-racer-dublin-build/22535355
    Sooner have the cb750 but that's me fir ya. Have to say he spent and it looks like it wasn't for flipping but rather to own. Paint is top job, stainless spokes on fresh rims, engine prepared lovely. If you have to butcher one do it this way. I'm guessing he's looking for..... 5500?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

Just bought a lovely Ktm supermoto off DD.
    In mint condition too with full SH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have my eye on a bike on Donedeal but sure you cant view it or get anywhere near it at the moment

Course you can, just dont be silly about it....I got a lovely Honda NC700X last week. Was very straight forward and no ball-yocks at all....... Quick spin for 5-10 mins and you will know if the bike is straight or not.

All done and dusted in 25 mins, never got close left money on wall in envelope and job done. Granted the other lad was sound, if you get some messer it could get messy alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I have been in and out of Done Deal for about 2 years and sometimes can't help but think, how can the seller justify 2000-3000 euros for a 22 years old bike. Not just shop but some private sellers are matching those prices. Considering the bike community in Ireland I would think the supply of bikes is matching that. So no I do not think its a supplier issue. plenty coming in from overseas.

Dan.

What is described as mint condition or showroom condition on the internet can sometimes be a "crock of sh!t" in the flesh.

DD is great for lots of ads like that..........:pac::pac::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

H_Lime wrote: »

Why does throwing on a brown seat, chopping off god knows how much of a frame and adding some really ****e tyres(for the road) add up to that money?

Don't get me started on the exhaust wrap................

KildareMan wrote: »
    Why does throwing on a brown seat, chopping off god knows how much of a frame and adding some really ****e tyres(for the road) add up to that money?

Don't get me started on the exhaust wrap................

Yep, I wish him luck with the sale but can't see it happening at 9k but then again I'm not into blacked out r100 cafe racers on knobblies that are pro built from the ground up so what da fudge do I know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Yep, I wish him luck with the sale but can't see it happening at 9k but then again I'm not into blacked out r100 cafe racers on knobblies that are pro built from the ground up so what da fudge do I know ;)

Love the irony of cafe racer / knobblies :eek:

AND the VW Transporter with ****e paint job. Cloud Cookoo land

Exhaust wrap gives it 20hp more instantly.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Exhaust wrap gives it 20hp more instantly.........
    And will do severe damage to the exhaust headers as well.
    Not good stuff that wrap especially in condition like we have here with a lot of moisture.

I think when the lockdown ends we will see a big increase in bikes for sale. Sadly, I can't see buyers lining up to spend. God only knows what Harley in Dublin and Waterford will do as they will not sell squid all in these uncertain times.

Dan.

I think when the lockdown ends we will see a big increase in bikes for sale. Sadly, I can't see buyers lining up to spend. God only knows what Harley in Dublin and Waterford will do as they will not sell squid all in these uncertain times.

Yah I reckon brands such as this and Ducati will take a hiding personally. Same for any "luxury item" type thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

It will be a buyers market alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Seeing bikes sold cheap being snapped up quickly already.
    Can't see much being sold for normal prices for a long time.
    Although prices had gotten out of hand.
    Fellas looking for 5-6k for bikes worth under 2k.
    I think bmw are going to have a lot of ex PCP bikes on there hands as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭gn3dr

blade1 wrote: »
    Seeing bikes sold cheap being snapped up quickly already.
    Can't see much being sold for normal prices for a long time.
    Although prices had gotten out of hand.
    Fellas looking for 5-6k for bikes worth under 2k.
    I think bmw are going to have a lot of ex PCP bikes on there hands as well.

Where are all the cheap ones or like you say are they snapped up so quickly that all the stuff that is too expensive just sits on Done deal? Bike price expectations in Ireland for 2nd hand stuff is crazy high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭batman_oh

gn3dr wrote: »
    Where are all the cheap ones or like you say are they snapped up so quickly that all the stuff that is too expensive just sits on Done deal? Bike price expectations in Ireland for 2nd hand stuff is crazy high.

Unfortunately people are looking at UK dealers here when setting prices. And UK dealers prices on used bikes are mental. 2006 R6's are looking for 5k sterling in places and you can often find new bikes discounted for less or similar money to a 4/5 year old version of the same thing. They will sit on used stock for years over there as they are more interested in keeping the PCP/finance madness ticking over

Was interested in a few myself.
    They were gone within hours.

That 749 in Galway was tasty n cheap.

That 749 in Galway was tasty n cheap.

It was cheap for a good reason.
    Theres a story behind it as to why it was sold cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Someone's not afraid to do a bit of work for a nice bike...simple...

A hunch Japc?

A hunch Japc?

It's Italian, It'd be more suspect if it didn't have a story :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

The time has come to sell my Blackbird. What are your thoughts on selling at th moment. Stick up an ad now or wait for restrictions to ease later in the year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The time has come to sell my Blackbird. What are your thoughts on selling at th moment. Stick up an ad now or wait for restrictions to ease later in the year?
    It depends on how much you want/need to sell, tough sell at the moment with restrictions, but later it could be harder with less cash around.

Bang it up I say but tbh you're best advertising it at the lowest possible price your willing to accept for it. Be a lot of competition to draw a fella in with a fist of readies.

Carb or fi?

Bang it up I say but tbh you're best advertising it at the lowest possible price your willing to accept for it. Be a lot of competition to draw a fella in with a fist of readies.

Carb or fi?

99 carb. I'll throw it up and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Not many good bikes in 400cc range, high kms and overpriced.

99 carb. I'll throw it up and see what happens.

Same as myself cept I'm 98 which I thought was last of the carbs, maybe yours was pre reg?
    What colour and mileage/condition. Fellas like buying these as a touring package so maybe don't strip any luggage or comfort goodies off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Stick it up Richard, I'm considering an early 'Bird as my next bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Check out fb marketplace and done deal some incredibly Savage deals gone in hours.
    Well priced bikes don't sit, over priced do.
    A vast majority of the bikes on the market are way overpriced.
    I seen a yellow 2004 cbr600rr for 4k, for the same price theres 04 cbr 100rr, hyabusas, cheaper 600's of the same vintage.
    Only worth what people will pay and you'd want to be a special kind of stupid to pay 4I for a 04 cbr600 rr

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Not many good bikes in 400cc range, high kms and overpriced.

Not many good bikes in the 400cc range full stop.

Well, I will admit that I have been on the market for an mk1 bandit or sv650 for a while and every time a good turns up for the 2 to 3k price it seems to take off in no time at all. I think a good MK1 will hold its value as most have been canned over the years.

Dan.

Well, I will admit that I have been on the market for an mk1 bandit or sv650 for a while and every time a good turns up for the 2 to 3k price it seems to take off in no time at all. I think a good MK1 will hold its value as most have been canned over the years.

Newer shape one?

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2004-sv650s/24772439

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭gn3dr

2 to 3 k for a mk1 Bandit? Is that not a bit mad?

• Advertisement

2 to 3 k for a mk1 Bandit? Is that not a bit mad?

Thats the money people are asking. I might point out I tend to go for ones in very good shape.
    Bike shops will ask for 1800 euro for a 98 reg bike in fair condition. Some bike shops even stick to 2k and will not budge no matter what.

Dan.

No I would be looking for the first-gen.

Dan.

No I would be looking for the first-gen.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

Why?

Always thought the first gen was the best looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

emo72 wrote: »

Eye of the beholder and all that :P

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Stick it up Richard, I'm considering an early 'Bird as my next bike.

Red 99 on donedeal now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

And my SO sold a mint Mk1 SV650s last year for 1800........you live & you learn...

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

emo72 wrote: »

Gen 2 sharper looking imo

Don't think the gen 1 has aged well at all.

Would you pick carbs over FI?

I suppose not an issue until they are an issue :eek:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/kawasaki-z1300/24058649
    The mighty z13 weighing in at a negotiable 8k.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/hondamatic/24572076
    Automatic Honda before automatic Honda were de rigueur. Uses the engine oil to hydraulically turn a vane fo drive. Oil changes every 1900 miles to you sir.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/motorcycle-wheel-building/21170615
    Handy wheel building service. Anyone used em?

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/yamaha-ty-pinky/24771188?campaign=3
    Small bit of tidying and 1500 quid.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/cb900/24662939
    Freddy Spencer ama or rsc rep rep here I come, strong money but looks new. Is that a full laser and jmc underbraced swinger I see before me.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/honda-african-twin-xrv-750/24682404
    Ah yes the lesser spotted ethnically diverse "AFRICAN" Twin, not to be confused with the africa twin. God the paints clean, but an awful shell suit scheme. Sensible money mind you and looks good mechanically and cosmetically.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/yamaha-tzr-125r-ypvs-2t-immaculate-bike/24687174
    God she's a beauty. She's at the thick end of 4k but you never know. If a fella had one as a well heeled whipper snapper and can still fit on it nostalgia might spur him on?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    For fans of Prince, stick a fairing on the second one and paint it purple.:pac:

Re: The TZR, friend had one at the time while I had an nsr125 (foxeye)

Mine was red but I remember superbike in cork had a new one at one stage in a kinda urban tiger paint scheme.
    Like so
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/235519934479246/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,496 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A mate's friend got a Z1300 when they first came out. Left it running on the sidestand outside the chipper, oil starvation ensued - cooked the engine.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    A mate's friend got a Z1300 when they first came out. Left it running on the sidestand outside the chipper, oil starvation ensued - cooked the engine.

Was that a thing with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,496 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If you did that (he was basically posing apparently) I'd say it is possible. It was running for about 10 minutes or so I heard. New engine time; he was loaded - working on big turbines abroad.

Not your ornery onager

Earlier ones had a smaller sump.
    They were the ones that suffered from oil starvation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement