Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machine junction to Waterford line.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Part of that rail line is already ear marked for a Greenway

https://wexfordtoday.com/2019/10/10/full-steam-ahead-for-e13m-new-ross-greenway-link/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Decoda wrote: »
    Part of that rail line is already ear marked for a Greenway

https://wexfordtoday.com/2019/10/10/full-steam-ahead-for-e13m-new-ross-greenway-link/

Not sure where it connects with the Wexford line, somewhere below Enniscorthy obviously. Be cool to join up.

if you log into Landdirect website as a guest and zoom in close to Bree you can see the old rail line land parcels from there to New Ross. I wonder how much encroachment has taken place along the line by the adjacent landowners?

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

CIE would have done their best to sell off whatever land they could along the route from Macmine Junction to New Ross so encroachment doesn't come into it. Some of the old alignment is now part of the N30 Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

if you log into Landdirect website as a guest and zoom in close to Bree you can see the old rail line land parcels from there to New Ross. I wonder how much encroachment has taken place along the line by the adjacent landowners?

D.

Can see it on that map. Seems to be largely gone on maps bar a short overgrown line from Kings Island below Enniscorthy.

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    CIE would have done their best to sell off whatever land they could along the route from Macmine Junction to New Ross so encroachment doesn't come into it. Some of the old alignment is now part of the N30 Road.

Well on Landdirect large tranches of the old rail bed remains unregistered which to me suggests that it is still in the ownership of CIE. In my experience CIE are extremely reticent to sell off rail bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,589 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Well on Landdirect large tranches of the old rail bed remains unregistered which to me suggests that it is still in the ownership of CIE. In my experience CIE are extremely reticent to sell off rail bed.

On some lines CIE practically threw trackbed away at the adjacent landowners for token fees.

L1011 wrote: »
    On some lines CIE practically threw trackbed away at the adjacent landowners for token fees.

That maybe the case on other lines but on this particular line very few parcels of the track seemed to have changed hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The absolute opposite is the case, and the only reason that any trackbeds around the country such as in County Leitrim are still partially owned by CIE is because nobody wanted the very marginal land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,528 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That maybe the case on other lines but on this particular line very few parcels of the track seemed to have changed hands.

Wait until someone says "proposed greenway" and all these so called landowners will come out of the woodwork looking for big handouts, or objecting because anti social behaviour or because someone will be looking at my house threatening to rob it or run off with my sheep/cows/children.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Would really like to see a greenway on this route. Thing is, a lot of the trackbed is gone now. Also, where exactly would it go to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Would really like to see a greenway on this route. Thing is, a lot of the trackbed is gone now. Also, where exactly would it go to?

Macmine towards Adamstown and onto Palace East junction . From there towards New Ross to connect up with the tunnel at Mount Garret on the proposed New Ross through county Kilkenny to Waterford Greenway, or else from Palace East to Ballywilliam, on to county Carlow above Poulmounty and thence to Borris and Bagenalstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

azimuth17 wrote: »
    Macmine towards Adamstown and onto Palace East junction . From there towards New Ross to connect up with the tunnel at Mount Garret on the proposed New Ross through county Kilkenny to Waterford Greenway, or else from Palace East to Ballywilliam, on to county Carlow above Poulmounty and thence to Borris and Bagenalstown.

I see. Also, has work started on the New ross to waterford greenway yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

I see. Also, has work started on the New ross to waterford greenway yet?
    Yup
    https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/08/14/construction-starts-on-waterford-to-new-ross-greenway/

Advertisement