Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

celt262 wrote: »
    Anyone get the streams what's the quality like?

Didn’t get them. Will get them tomorrow though. Busy today watching some Meath football. One team did a Facebook Live and quality was poor and difficult to tell what was happening so hopefully the streams are better.

Results have gone as expected. Kingscourt easy winners against a Lacken team that would be in trouble in my opinion if there was relegation this year.

The Gaels held on against Killygarry.

Anyone know what the craic is with Castlerahan vs Shercock - somebody waiting on a Covid test that it was postponed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lump It In

Covid cases in Shercock. It was bound to happen eventually and imagine it won’t be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Lump It In wrote: »
    Covid cases in Shercock. It was bound to happen eventually and imagine it won’t be the last.

Game refixed for Wed night I believe

Ramor player Jack Doyles dad died and apparently Ramor not allowed postpone their match.

Also been told that the stream quality is good, when its not freezing.....and they are not allowing clubs records matches themselves (for analysis etc) due to issues of copyright

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Thunderbirds

Game should have been played by GAAs own protocols when such a situation occurs. The player should have been stood down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Game should have been played by GAAs own protocols when such a situation occurs. The player should have been stood down.

Im not sure it should....Player X trains on Tuesday nite, has symptoms on Friday, gets tested..if he tests positive, its likely that he had it on Tuesday and gave it to other lads at training. Only way it should go ahead is if players test comes back negative

• Advertisement

Im not sure it should....Player X trains on Tuesday nite, has symptoms on Friday, gets tested..if he tests positive, its likely that he had it on Tuesday and gave it to other lads at training. Only way it should go ahead is if players test comes back negative

I agree but that's not what the protocols say. Ballinagh Arva postponed today for same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭tanko

Ramos v Gowna is on live for free at the moment, the stream is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Anyone get the streams what's the quality like?

Mostly very good. Think there was a problem at the start with the Ramor vs Gowna game, but it was a very good game and McConnon & McHugh worked well as a commentary team. Some wonderful scores in that game.

The Kilygarry / Gaels match stream was also very good, and even though the conditions meant the standard of football wasn’t as high. Kilygarry will feel they left that one behind- some poor decision making at times, including turning down a score able free at one stage to force a goal that wasn’t needed and missing a late free. Also starting Martin Reilly on O Connor robbed Peter to pay Paul. Exciting game all the same.

Just finished up the Crosseelough Vs Lavey game. Lavey not at the races at all. James Smith absolutely bossed the middle of the park.

Smith looked a cut above alright. Lavey’s old failing of not going with short kick outs betraying them again. I’m not sure what they expected as last year Smith destroyed them at midfield too. Surely a tactic can be utilised to just keep kick outs away from him.

Ramor impressive today and James Brady better than the county forwards on display so has to get a call up if he’ll heed it.

The games went exactly as I predicted, although I did think Mullahoran Laragh would be closer than it was.

Poor Laragh have Crosserlough now next week and that won’t end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭quidel

Any word on what games will be streamed live this coming weekend?

• Advertisement

quidel wrote: »
    Any word on what games will be streamed live this coming weekend?

Seems to be games that are in Breffni?

Seems to be games that are in Breffni?

Kingscourt Killygarry
    Gaels Mullahoran
    Crosserlough Laragh
    Castlerahan Lacken

Deferred of Gowna Lavey and Ramor Shercock.

Quiet enough here. What's peoples opinions on potential winners? Gaels and Kingscourt look like teams to beat at senior level. Think Ballyhaise for Intermediate and Denn for junior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭rrs

The streaming service hasn't been great so far. Poor enough quality for 8 euro or 20 and last weekend they had poor WiFi so couldn't show coverage

rrs wrote: »
    The streaming service hasn't been great so far. Poor enough quality for 8 euro or 20 and last weekend they had poor WiFi so couldn't show coverage

They've sorted broadband for this weekend and are offering two free games for those that payed last weekend.

They've sorted broadband for this weekend and are offering two free games for those that payed last weekend.

Where did you get details of this? Last weekend was shocking poor.

They unfortunately also got the game choices wrong. Lavey Gowna was the game of the weekend from what I’m hearing.

Quiet enough here. What's peoples opinions on potential winners? Gaels and Kingscourt look like teams to beat at senior level. Think Ballyhaise for Intermediate and Denn for junior.

I think Knockbride for junior. They should have beaten Killinkere last year.

Ballinagh for Intermediate if they can keep everyone fit.

Castlerahan are quietly gathering pace at senior level. People seem to be writing them off very quickly. They have the bulk of the lads who left back now.

Cavan_King wrote: »
    Where did you get details of this? Last weekend was shocking poor.

They unfortunately also got the game choices wrong. Lavey Gowna was the game of the weekend from what I’m hearing.

Got an email.

If Gowna beat Killygarry tomorrow, the eight quarter finalists will be decided with a week left at senior level. I wonder would many clubs be happy to drop the fourth round and take a week off?

Very poor decision by the County Board to cancel relegation this year. Has left alot of teams with nothing to play for and will inevitably skew the table.

If Gowna beat Killygarry tomorrow, the eight quarter finalists will be decided with a week left at senior level. I wonder would many clubs be happy to drop the fourth round and take a week off?

Very poor decision by the County Board to cancel relegation this year. Has left alot of teams with nothing to play for and will inevitably skew the table.

Could Killygarry not technically pass out Mullahoran?

• Advertisement

Could Killygarry not technically pass out Mullahoran?

Actually any of the clubs on 0 could if it goes on point difference. So one win could be enough for a quarter final possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Ramor hammering the Geals.... Theres no sweeter victory in any sport for me to be honest. I guess Elliott will have to get the cheque book again.... Any word of what McKeirnans transfer fee was again... ?

Draw for last round of fixtures made. I wonder how many teams will put out weakened teams? I’d like to see my own club do it to give some youth a chance.

It shouldn’t matter where you finish in the last 8 - if you think you’re good enough to win it, you should be happy to play anyone.

I watched the Kells Dunboyne game today. Conor Bradley very poor. You’d forget he was on the pitch at times,

piplip87 wrote: »
    Ramor hammering the Geals.... Theres no sweeter victory in any sport for me to be honest. I guess Elliott will have to get the cheque book again.... Any word of what McKeirnans transfer fee was again... ?

It won't count for much if Ramor don't beat the Gaels tomorrow night. It should be a interesting game. Ramor using McEvoy as a game changer from the bench.

Lavey v Castlerahan will be close as should Gowna and Crossetlough.

Mullahoran fluked into quarter finals with 1 win v Laragh. Killygarry tipped to reach a final by some,.. They don't see out games. Nice footballers but need to be ruthless if you want to win

It won't count for much if Ramor don't beat the Gaels tomorrow night. It should be a interesting game. Ramor using McEvoy as a game changer from the bench.

Lavey v Castlerahan will be close as should Gowna and Crossetlough.

Mullahoran fluked into quarter finals with 1 win v Laragh. Killygarry tipped to reach a final by some,.. They don't see out games. Nice footballers but need to be ruthless if you want to win

I thought Killygarry would be a good each way bet. Looks like this year came a bit early for them but they’ve serious talent coming up, along with the Bridge. Their fate was in their own hands and they choked.

Donal Keoghan reckons Ramor could be missing Breen O’Connell & Ado Cole so has tipped the Gaels.

I think the other games will go as the bookies expect - Kingscourt, Castlerahan & Crosserlough.

Mullahoran qualifying shows what a gap there is between the teams at the top level and those coming out of intermediate like them and Laragh.

Laragh getting a big shock after tipping themselves to compete for Senior last year!

It was mentioned there was problems with the Laragh management this year. The same management as last year, whatever went wrong, but a gap from winning Intermediate to Senior.
    They were relegated in the League last year from Division 1.

Joe Dillon seems to be playing well with Kingscourt, back after a cruciate. He'd be worth another look with the County, if the County action goes ahead in October

Ted from Denn part of the panel. I watched him in a few Sigerson games earlier in the year and wasn't that effective. He's playing well with Denn but his size would probably count against him for County Senior. His club mate Ben Conaty a bit similar to Joe Dillon strong ball winner, another player maybe worth looking at

It was mentioned there was problems with the Laragh management this year. The same management as last year, whatever went wrong, but a gap from winning Intermediate to Senior.
    They were relegated in the League last year from Division 1.

Joe Dillon seems to be playing well with Kingscourt, back after a cruciate. He'd be worth another look with the County, if the County action goes ahead in October

Ted from Denn part of the panel. I watched him in a few Sigerson games earlier in the year and wasn't that effective. He's playing well with Denn but his size would probably count against him for County Senior. His club mate Ben Conaty a bit similar to Joe Dillon strong ball winner, another player maybe worth looking at

I believe their management are quite expensive if the rumours are to be believed. Whatever happens, they have had issues with lads just not caring this year. It can be difficult to keep lads focused after a few hard years and they've had that.

Dillon was asked by We Are Cavan if he'd be interested in county and was about to say ''absolutely'' when he gave a more politically correct reply that he wishes to focus on performing with Kingscourt. Good to hear he wants to go back in though.

I also heard rumours re Killian Clarke but I think we're better off leave him where he is. He and David Gough can compete for who can get more headlines!

James Brady from Ramor has definitely held his hand up for a call in.
    Wright from Castlerahan also playing well I hear but not sure he's interested.
    Danny Cusack from Lavey looks to be the man marker we need.
    If only he'd convince his club mate Tierney to share a lift into Breffni with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

If only he'd convince his club mate Tierney to share a lift into Breffni with him!

Has he not been tried under a few different managers and proved not up to it at that level ?

Has he not been tried under a few different managers and proved not up to it at that level ?

He was with some of the U21 panels that won Ulster and didn't make the starting line up.

In regard to the senior team, I believe only McGleenan had him in around 2017. He played a McKenna Cup game that year I believe and played fairly well but then Mattie, as he did with alot of the panel, made promises he couldn't keep and Tierney lost interest and walked.

No point promising lads they'll start games and then not even naming them on the panel.

Mickey Graham has approached him but was rebuffed.

• Advertisement

I think Shane Tierney was part of the U21 set up for 3 yea, rs without actually starting. 2010 to 2012. He's a very good club player. Duke is a good player too.

I see Mickey Brennan is back with Drumalee. He's seems to yo yo between Simonstown and Drumalee a bit

Advertisement