Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerlogue Lake

Options
  • 12-06-2020 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

I grew up just outside Wexford Town and moved up to the 'big smoke' to go to college etc - been there ever since. I was looking up google maps to run an errand for my folks and only noticed the lake in Kerlogue - I'm suprised I never knew it existed.

From looking at old maps it used to be a quarry (think there was copper ore in the area). So what's its name - just Kerlogue Lake? Is it on private land? Does it have fish? Do local ever swim in it or mess about on boats?

http://osmz.ru/imagery/#18/52.31521/-6.45753/esri

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

its on private lands , used to be owned by staffords not sure if it still is or not. never heard of any copper in the area [that's not to say it wasn't there] but there was lime . there is a'' limekiln house'' somewhere in the area and a chimney from an old lime works is on the left down behind farmers kitchen . Also remains of old lime works near piercestown where there is also a few small ''ponds'' . Two more ''ponds'' down behind farmers kitchen .
    Fished roacheens is all of them years ago and actually moved lots of fish from them up to the quarry on top of forth mountain , hopefully they survived

Advertisement