Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-06-2020, 01:07   #1
jondoyle

Dublin Mint Office

All,

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts

Looks like a free Medal being issued until you visit the website where they try to scan you into buying a gold one!!!

Thanks to older posts on boards.ie These are Scam artists.

FYI

#Dublinmint #Dublinmintoffice #Dublin mint office
Advertisement
05-06-2020, 01:32   #2
bilbot79

'Dublin Mint Office' sounds so official though
05-06-2020, 10:22   #3
whisky_galore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbot79 View Post
'Dublin Mint Office' sounds so official though
Well known scam artists with deliberately misleading name, based in UK I believe.

Advertising all over the place, even a well known radio show gave them an advertising slot under the guise of a valuable coins piece. They've been called out by the advertising watchdog already.
(2) thanks from:
24-06-2020, 17:05   #4
Glencarraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisky_galore View Post
Well known scam artists with deliberately misleading name, based in UK I believe.

Advertising all over the place, even a well known radio show gave them an advertising slot under the guise of a valuable coins piece. They've been called out by the advertising watchdog already.
Joe Duffy was on about it today, apparently sent an OAP a demand for payment of €47,000. As expected they are "experiencing a high volume of calls" and offering a callback after which phone goes dead.

Anybody know whats the story if you sent off for the first in the series of Jim Ftzpatrick medals, do they invoice you for it unless you send it back. I see from their flyer that they will send one a month (to complete the set of six). after that and then invoice you.

PS, I have since heard that having sent the first one, the next four are 30 odd euro but,,,,,,,,,,,,the sixth one to complete the set is>>>>
€450 !!!!!

Last edited by Glencarraig; 24-06-2020 at 20:02. Reason: more info
Thanks from:
24-06-2020, 21:26   #5
whisky_galore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencarraig View Post
Joe Duffy was on about it today, apparently sent an OAP a demand for payment of €47,000. As expected they are "experiencing a high volume of calls" and offering a callback after which phone goes dead.

Anybody know whats the story if you sent off for the first in the series of Jim Ftzpatrick medals, do they invoice you for it unless you send it back. I see from their flyer that they will send one a month (to complete the set of six). after that and then invoice you.

PS, I have since heard that having sent the first one, the next four are 30 odd euro but,,,,,,,,,,,,the sixth one to complete the set is>>>>
€450 !!!!!
These coins won't even be worth their asking price in a few years, let alone appreciating in value. Why are they not shut down? Absolute junk.
I used like Fitzpatrick's kitsch Celtic pop art, looks like he's sold out.

Last edited by whisky_galore; 24-06-2020 at 21:36.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion