Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Empires II

Options
  • 02-09-2018 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

590ddf845bafe32d1177e0f6

The granddaddy of RTS, or does that title still belong to Command & Conquer: Red Alert?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

First there was AoE II, then came CC:RA II.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I remember playing that with college folks with 2 PCs connected with a parallel cable - good times

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

J Mysterio wrote: »
    First there was AoE II, then came CC:RA II.

Age of Empires II was in '99.

Command and Conquer was released in '95.

And that was preceded by the excellent Dune II on the PC in '92 and the Amiga/Megadrive in '93.

And then there were tons of others, like Powermonger and Populous from EA

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

/hipster cap - Herzog Zwei on the Megadrive is where it's at :pac:

Was always a Red Alert man myself, never really got into the Age of Empires games, found them a bit slow.

• Advertisement

I was more of a Powermonger man myself :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Wah la la

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭firemansam4

I miss this game...

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I was more of a Powermonger man myself :D

I had this on the Megadrive. Couldn't get my head around the gameplay as a lad but I still remember that ****ing noise the game would constantly make, like a duck quacking or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

pinksoir wrote: »
    Wah la la
    ai-oi-oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Zulu wrote: »
    ai-oi-oh.

"Shhhh hoh"

I had this on the Megadrive. Couldn't get my head around the gameplay as a lad but I still remember that ****ing noise the game would constantly make, like a duck quacking or something

heh, yea it back a constant track of birds chirping, sheep beetling and more - well worth having a play of it now

Advertisement