Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Those without a strong science background

• 28-05-2014 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I've just finished my undergrad degree and am free for the summer. Not sure how long I will need to get a strong bases in the sciences. I've just done biology and a little bit of biochemistry, so I need to do physics and chemistry.

How are you guys going about preparing for the GAMSAT? Or how long did it take you to get ready to the level that you were able to sit the exam?

Thanks for any replies! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 face_plant

I did the gamsat last year without a science background. Prior to studying for it I'd not had a science class for 10+ years. I spent 6 weeks or so studying A level revision stuff which got me through.

However, I found at least in the exam I did, that the only stuff I really learned that was useful was the chemistry/biochem. Most of the questions provide you with all the information you need and you can work it out really without any prior knowledge at all.

So it depends on how intensely you study, but the best thing you can do is lots of past questions to get a feel for the structure of what they're asking. It's not really a test where you'll need to remember lots of facts, instead you'll have to figure stuff out based on what they give you.

Advertisement