Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congestion from St Enda park, rathfarnham to M50?

Options
  • 18-05-2020 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Im possibly thinking of moving house in the next year or 2 depending on how Covid 19 plays out.

How bad is the traffic on the Taylors lane / Scholarstown route between St Endas park area and the M50, exit 12? Id be heading towards St Enda park at around 8am. Id be heading from St Enda park towards the M50 in the evening (around 6pm) also.

I know the Knocklyon roundabout upgrade is meant to be a bit of a disaster but im not sure about the rest. Im coming from / heading towards the N4.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭McGrath5

When things go back to "normal" , you would want to be getting to the M50 before 8am to avoid the traffic around Knocklyon.

The roundabout upgrade is just that, it has slowed traffic down making it safer for cyclists and pedestrians in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Easily 25 minutes to get from there to the M50 on a bad day, I hate to say. J12 is a shocking invention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

McGrath5 wrote: »
    When things go back to "normal" , you would want to be getting to the M50 before 8am to avoid the traffic around Knocklyon.

The roundabout upgrade is just that, it has slowed traffic down making it safer for cyclists and pedestrians in the area.

Id actually heading the other way - i.e. heading towards St Endas at 8am from the M50 and vice versa in the evening.

Advertisement