Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atari XEGS bad Ram

Options
  • 24-08-2018 6:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi I have an atari xegs and it seems the ram is causing the machine not to boot up, I think it is the ram anyway as it gets red hot when plugged in.

Does anyone know where to get replacement ram chips?
    Or know anyone that fixes them.
    Also have a faulty ST I would like to get fixed.

Comments

Burzum wrote: »
    Also have a faulty STI would like to get fixed.

Have you been to the doctor?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Haha yes all clear lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Looks like there are two RAM chips in the Atari XEGS. High res photo here, the RAM chips are the two OKI chips in the bottom left.
    Search for "OKI M41464-12" and you can find them for sale online, like from here.
    Better to also get yourself two 18 pin IC sockets so when you solder back in the RAM you don't risk destroying the new(er) RAM.

Obviously best yea open it up to check and ensure its the RAM chips are the ones over heating(and confirm they are the OKI type) and check on atariage.com if thats a common fault.

Best of luck!

Advertisement