Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrities you hate but didn't always dislike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Rachel Riley, even though she was a Man United fan, I thought she was alright. But then she went all militant Jew-woman, anti-Corbynite in everything she had to say.

(By the way, one of my favorite words is 'Jewess' which I was going to use but some people would probably get upset.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Kevin spacey

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Hate is too strong a word. Immensely dislike - in alphabetical order by first name:

1. Ray D'arcy.

That is all.

He's a complete and utter cliche of what some jocular, middle aged, middle class Irish bloke is meant to be like, I'd be shocked if the dick isn't lycra clad and flying around Sandymount Strand on a racing bike every Sunday.

Total charmed life twat as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Has to be mairead ronan. The took me ages to decide on a house. Lived on the back of Ray darcy. Now the today fm show has to have hi mairead I'm balling my eyes out here etc. Over Xmas said I'm off to New York for a week do people want to know. We all know your married to a multi millionaire. When she joined today fm she was off every second week poor muireann replaced by a total plank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Belinda Carslile. To this day I have no idea why.

You know you still would...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Hector Ó hEochagáin. Hate doesn't enter into it, just find him irritating. His travel show 'Amú' on TG4 back in the day was great lark in its ramshackle approach, relying mostly on the the force of his personality. With acclaim grew exposure, and soon Hector was everywhere. His manic energy began to grate as the charm wore off. I can only tolerate him nowadays in very small doses.

he has jimmy saville eyes he freaks me out. Something dead in there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Jay Leno.

Car collecting, Conan shafting moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Morrissey (as a person not an artist).

Same here. He's really gone full mentalist in the ladt few years. I'm a huge Smith's fan and like his early solo stuff but he's a massive bellend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

Yer woman Vogue, i do not understand why she is on tv, that fairy tv ad shes on makes me puke. She is the cliche of everything wrong with society today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Hate is too strong a word. Immensely dislike - in alphabetical order by first name:

1. Ray D'arcy.

That is all.

TBH, I'd expected this to be the reason for the thread being started. Was I just an uncultured swine back in the early 2000s, or was he much better back then? Don't remember shows being devoted to porridge and running

• Advertisement

Rufeo wrote: »
    Maybe he got married.

But to whom? He never talks about anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Has to be mairead ronan. The took me ages to decide on a house. Lived on the back of Ray darcy. Now the today fm show has to have hi mairead I'm balling my eyes out here etc. Over Xmas said I'm off to New York for a week do people want to know. We all know your married to a multi millionaire. When she joined today fm she was off every second week poor muireann replaced by a total plank

This.

I only found out who this woman was yesterday,

In the car coming back (with dog food) and she was on the radio complaining about how her husband Birthday was ruined because no hotels were open due to virus. All about poor husband. I thought it was someone messing. Horrible snob.

Yer woman Vogue, i do not understand why she is on tv, that fairy tv ad shes on makes me puke. She is the cliche of everything wrong with society today

Did you originally like her?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

McGaggs wrote: »
    TBH, I'd expected this to be the reason for the thread being started. Was I just an uncultured swine back in the early 2000s, or was he much better back then? Don't remember shows being devoted to porridge and running

Ray was a very good kids presenter on tv and when he moved to radio his show was good, very light and easy listening but somewhere along the way he started to think he was a journalist and some sort of life coach. He at that stage became a pontificating gob ****e. His talk show on tv is just misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Roz Purcell. I like her until she opens her mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

McGaggs wrote: »
    Did you originally like her?

Oh right, eh No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

anewme wrote: »
    This.

In the car coming back (with dog food) and she was on the radio complaining about how her husband Birthday was ruined because no hotels were open due to virus. All about poor husband. I thought it was someone messing. Horrible snob.

Oh really, poor man. You would think a hotel would have opened up just for him. Cue the violins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I use to like James Cordon but the guy is such a faker, like I'd still watch Gavin & Stacey but just couldn't watch anything where he is the ball licking persona he puts on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Noel Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Hector Ó hEochagáin. Hate doesn't enter into it, just find him irritating. His travel show 'Amú' on TG4 back in the day was great lark in its ramshackle approach, relying mostly on the the force of his personality. With acclaim grew exposure, and soon Hector was everywhere. His manic energy began to grate as the charm wore off. I can only tolerate him nowadays in very small doses.

Yeah I initially enjoyed his TG4 travel shows but then he started popping up all over the place and his persona really started to grate. That "Ta me ag teacht" thing became his version of Des Bishops immersion joke for a while. He'd say it every time he made an appearance.

• Advertisement

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Whoever the woman is in the white peasant blouse at the 1:07 mark, turns to her partner in disgust, while everyone is cheering.

I think she's sitting next to Donald Sinden so maybe his daughter?

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Jack Nicholson

He and Roman Polanski go way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭pgj2015

anewme wrote: »
    This.

And shes really only a jumped up skanger from finglas. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Dave Grohl.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Roz Purcell. I like her until she opens her mouth.

Roz is probably as genuine a 'celebrity' as you can get. Surprised by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Eoghan McDermott and his sister. Both are insufferable *****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Jim Carrey, always loved him till i saw the Netflix doc about him.

It goes to show you that you don't actually know the person so you can't technically love or hate them as they don't exist. You love or hate a figment of your imagination not the real person.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Rachel Riley

Her vilification of Corbyn, and support of the Tories have made me hate her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Your Face wrote: »
    Dave Grohl.

What's wrong with Dave Grohl?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

FHFM50 wrote: »
    What's wrong with Dave Grohl?

He's Dave Grohl

Advertisement