Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrities you hate but didn't always dislike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Mine has to be Ryan Giggs

Growing up as a welsh man united fan ... bought the shirts ... even tho he got a bit of a bad wrap for not playing in a lot of the welsh matches I let him off ....

A true welsh man united legend ...

Then all that changed. ......

Every time I see him now I just think what a scum bag....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Ultimate Warrior hands down

He's brown bread.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Mine has to be Ryan Giggs

Growing up as a welsh man united fan ... bought the shirts ... even tho he got a bit of a bad wrap for not playing in a lot of the welsh matches I let him off ....

A true welsh man united legend ...

Then all that changed. ......

Every time I see him now I just think what a scum bag....

It's amazing how Giggs was somehow able to keep his nice guy reputation and then some other players have reputations of being **** based on a lot less.

At the end of the day, I don't really give a fck what he got up to in his private life, but it's curious how he was able to salvage his reputation while some others just become figures of hate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Archeron

Ciara Kelly. I used to like her when she had the medical segment, but when she got her own show she actually made me stop listening to newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Belinda Carslile. To this day I have no idea why.

You sound jealous, sound like you go weak in the presence of her beauty.
    Meryl Streep. Used to think she was a good actress but now. Was too pally with Harvey not to know what he was doing.

She's also a big fan of convicted child ****er Roman Polanski. One of the most two-faced people you could meet.

If you look at this clip of him being awarded an Oscar you can see the kind of people who decry Harvey Weinstein, but applaud Polanski.

• Advertisement

Most of them. I never want to see another celebrity again after all of this is over. I’ve always felt it but it has really brought to the forefront how vacuous, superficial and out of touch they all are. They’re all coming out of the woodwork now with corona on the loose trying to appear all humble and humerus but please crawl back into the hole you came out of nobody gives a shlt about how a multi millionaire living in a mansion is finding this hard.

I heard Sam Smith is finding it particularly hard in it's mansion.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Bono. Or maybe it was U2 I liked before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Arghus wrote: »
    It's amazing how Giggs was somehow able to keep his nice guy reputation and then some other players have reputations of being **** based on a lot less.

At the end of the day, I don't really give a fck what he got up to in his private life, but it's curious how he was able to salvage his reputation while some others just become figures of hate

While I slightly agree with your post.

While others would have done stupid or nasty things in their career what he did was unforgivable being it was his own brother . . And if that wasnt bad enough he did his best to silence the media

If it was a one off I'd say something but that creep was doing it for ages....

But yes I agree the guys come out the other end with his reputation still intact ......

While I slightly agree with your post.

While others would have done stupid or nasty things in their career what he did was unforgivable being it was his own brother . . And if that wasnt bad enough he did his best to silence the media .

But yes I agree the guys come out the other end with his reputation still intact ......

John Terry wakes up every morning and thanks his lucky stars for Ryan Giggs riding his sister in law and taking the heat off of him.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,840 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Most of them. I never want to see another celebrity again after all of this is over. I’ve always felt it but it has really brought to the forefront how vacuous, superficial and out of touch they all are. They’re all coming out of the woodwork now with corona on the loose trying to appear all humble and humerus but please crawl back into the hole you came out of nobody gives a shlt about how a multi millionaire living in a mansion is finding this hard.

If CBB came back that first sentence might change :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

jk23 wrote: »
    The imagine video all those self isolated celebrities sung together via video link was very condescending and I was thinking the exact same as you after watching it!!

That Madonna video is even worse

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

an insufferably smug git too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Add Dwight Yorke with Ryan Giggs to the "I liked them as a player but it turned out that he was a reprehensible character" category

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

KevRossi wrote: »
    You sound jealous, sound like you go weak in the presence of her beauty.

She's also a big fan of convicted child ****er Roman Polanski. One of the most two-faced people you could meet.

If you look at this clip of him being awarded an Oscar you can see the kind of people who decry Harvey Weinstein, but applaud Polanski.

She gave him a standing ovation in that clip. Interesting Harrison Ford didn't clap at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Any celebrity who goes down the sjw road becomes extremely unlikable.

or force their political opinions on others - nobody cares what you think, we listen to your music/watch your shows-movies - we dont care if you dont like trump/didnt get your way and we dont want to be pointificated at

Ray Darcy - liked him growing up on the den/blackboard jungle and was likeable untill a point near the end of his tenure on Today Fm, where he changed for the worse (e.g. Interview with that MMA guy), Wondering why he changed

Matt Cooper, was great interviewer/did a great show on Today fm, now has gone such a sjw whingebag, a trump hate bore, and his show is now painful and insufferable with all the perpetually offended types (cough Gannon/McDermott etc)...sad he changed as his show was good listening and he challenged his interviewees and didnt entertain the nonsense he has on now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Ray D'Arcy. At one stage he was probably the most popular man in the country. Around the time of 2002/3. When he was presenting Popstar or You're A Star or whatever it was called. Everyone loved Ray. You either liked him from back in the day on the Den or thought he was charming enough presenting the reality TV stuff. People liked him a lot. I don't know what happened to him, but he's become a sour faced barely competent pain in the arse, but it wasn't always like that.

Hector O' Hecvbdxighan - or whatever way you spell it - was alright when he first came on the scene, but, like everything, RTE pushed him down our throats until we were all sick of him. His persona worked well enough with what he was doing at the start, but it wore thin when it was popping up here there and everywhere.

You summed it up perfectly there, I always felt kind of a loyalty to his programmes usually because i grew up watching the Den. He was definitely not that PC on the den or today FM, it seems he got swept up in a wave of populism culture

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I don't "hate" anyone; but I wouldn't look away in disgust if Bono was getting a few slaps. That's all I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    If CBB came back that first sentence might change :p

The Z listers get a pass Mam! Just about :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Ray D'Arcy. At one stage he was probably the most popular man in the country. Around the time of 2002/3. When he was presenting Popstar or You're A Star or whatever it was called. Everyone loved Ray. You either liked him from back in the day on the Den or thought he was charming enough presenting the reality TV stuff. People liked him a lot. I don't know what happened to him, but he's become a sour faced barely competent pain in the arse, but it wasn't always like that.

Hector O' Hecvbdxighan - or whatever way you spell it - was alright when he first came on the scene, but, like everything, RTE pushed him down our throats until we were all sick of him. His persona worked well enough with what he was doing at the start, but it wore thin when it was popping up here there and everywhere.

Maybe he got married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Gwyneth Paltrow does my head in recent years probably since around the time she consciously uncoupled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Ray D'Arcy. He was great on kids tv. Now he's smug and boring. Can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Used to like Sinead O'Connor until all the attention seeking stunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Used to like Stephen Fry a lot actually.
    Thought he was a funny and a smart individual. After seeing him so much I started to realise he is not really that likeable.

Pretentious is a word I'd use. But given his nature if he wanted to call someone the same he would choose some random obscure word to showcase his 'intelligence'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Ian Dempsey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Morrissey (as a person not an artist).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Used to like Stephen Fry a lot actually.
    Thought he was a funny and a smart individual. After seeing him so much I started to realise he is not really that likeable.

Pretentious is a word I'd use. But given his nature if he wanted to call someone the same he would choose some random obscure word to showcase his 'intelligence'

There was a great line is a newspaper column a few years ago that went ‘no one is more aware of Stephen Fry’s national treasure status than Fry himself’.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Glenn Hansard- disappeared up his own self righteous arse in later years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

There was a great line is a newspaper column a few years ago that went ‘no one is more aware of Stephen Fry’s national treasure status than Fry himself’.

I think he seems an intelligent and talented enough guy but i could never fully take to him as his oily smugness is off the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

There is a clear winner in this thread, and I'm gonna give him another vote, Ray Darcy

Loved him on The Den and Blackboard Jungle, and then his radio show was initially excellent. What a miserable, smug, pontificating arsehole he is now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The worst i have seen darcy was when he interviewed pamela anderson, he was such a dick.

Advertisement