Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I rid the world of flies?

Options
  • 10-07-2020 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

I'm sick of the bastards. Those fruit flies that buzz around you and land on any exposed skin they can find. Trying to sit out for an hour on a rare fine evening and you can't relax with them. There must be a way to get rid of them once and for all. I mean how important to the ecosystem can they be? Then, in a couple of hours we have the night shift of midges to look forward to. I swear, I'm nearly looking forward to winter.

Comments

https://www.agridirect.ie/product/clik-5-litre

Even in a small spray bottle....first hint of it and flys disappear for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Citronella candles/oil will help repel them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Spiders

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Malt vinegar in a jar will attract them and drown a few of the feckers.Otherwise go with the citronella like what already mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Wrong post sorry lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Did you get lost on your way to the TG4 thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

endacl wrote: »
    Did you get lost on your way to the TG4 thread?
    yes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Also a can of hairspray and a lighter.Could have your own portable Apocalypse Now moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Cheers. I will try Clik if I can get some and Citronella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Also a can of hairspray and a lighter.Could have your own portable Apocalypse Now moments.

Now we're talking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Yester wrote: »
    I'm sick of the bastards. Those fruit flies that buzz around you and land on any exposed skin they can find. Trying to sit out for an hour on a rare fine evening and you can't relax with them. There must be a way to get rid of them once and for all. I mean how important to the ecosystem can they be? Then, in a couple of hours we have the night shift of midges to look forward to. I swear, I'm nearly looking forward to winter.

Become the Lord of the Flies , either that or leave a bowl of ****e on the kitchen floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

One afternoon I went to my folks to find that the kitchen was swarming with flies. I took the brush off the head of the hover and hovered them all up. There were all gone in about 10 minutes. Musta been about 30 of them. Much easier to do than you think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Take a wild guess what fruit bats eat ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The odd shower helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Wear a dress.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

It’s the ants I don’t like any hole’s a goal for those little fcukers. Spent many a long afternoon in my shed trying to caulk up any gaps yet still they appear

Advertisement