Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canary Islands declared safe for tourism

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Here in Lanzarote at the moment and feel very safe. Beaches are quiet and people are socially distancing them. Wearing masks indoors in any situation is the norm and we got used to it very quickly. When we leave the house, you check to make sure you have mask, keys & wallet. Even in a restaurant, when you leave the table to go to the toilet, you put on your mask. Makes my blood boil to think that we will have to do 14 days internment, when we are a far safer place than Ireland. Also the pubs & restaurants here, despite having being closed for almost 4 months, have not begun to screw the customers by marked up prices. I gladly support the Irish economy for 50 weeks of the year, pay my taxes and obey the laws so do not feel the slightest bit guilty being in Lanzarote. And look forward to returning for many more years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

The UNWTO has declared the Canary Islands especially safe for tourism :

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/unwto-arrive-in-gran-canaria

I wonder if the Irish Government will take this into consideration at their next review of international tourism.

If it’s not Cork/Clare/Kerry it’s much too dangerous for Paddy to go to according to the Irish government!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Here in Lanzarote at the moment and feel very safe. Beaches are quiet and people are socially distancing them. Wearing masks indoors in any situation is the norm and we got used to it very quickly. When we leave the house, you check to make sure you have mask, keys & wallet. Even in a restaurant, when you leave the table to go to the toilet, you put on your mask. Makes my blood boil to think that we will have to do 14 days internment, when we are a far safer place than Ireland. Also the pubs & restaurants here, despite having being closed for almost 4 months, have not begun to screw the customers by marked up prices. I gladly support the Irish economy for 50 weeks of the year, pay my taxes and obey the laws so do not feel the slightest bit guilty being in Lanzarote. And look forward to returning for many more years to come.

Can I ask what part of Lanzarote are you in?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Can I ask what part of Lanzarote are you in?
    I’m in PDC. Weather beautiful here again today and main beach very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I’m in PDC. Weather beautiful here again today and main beach very quiet.

Lucky you. I’m extremely jealous!!
    Good to here things are going well in my second home!

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
Advertisement