Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Run 2 recasting/ Twitterati Outrage

Options
  • 10-07-2020 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

https://twitter.com/juliasawalha1/status/1281303593337982976?s=21

So this lady voiced a character over 20 years ago and expects to be hired again, even goes to the bother of recording herself to prove she can still do the voice.

Everyone on Twitter is angry about it, even those who no doubt have never seen the movie before.

” Ah, that's it. I'm going to report this to me member of parliament. Hey, Gus! I got something to report to you.

“That's a bloody outrage, it is! I want to take this all the way
    to the Prime Minister.“

but if they announce that the person they’ve given the role to is black, this lady will automatically become a racist.

In these uncertain time it is good to know you are entitled to return to a job you did 20 years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I genuinely couldn't give a sh1t, I'm just tired of all this agenda nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

She sounds older now in the tape though

Clearly, a chicken character should be voiced by an actual chicken and not some human imposter. The human privilege of this chickenist society sickens me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I suppose it's best to try and look at it from the woman's perspective. As a voice actor part of your job is the bring the character you're playing to life. Kevin Conroy did it with Batman, David Hayter did it with Solid Snake, Yeardley Smith did it with Lisa Simpsons and some people feel that those characters become a part of them. I mean if Yeardley Smith was replaced tomorrow and some younger actress was cast to play Lisa Simpsons I think you'd get the same reaction, keep in mind that Yeardley is getting older but still playing a 7 year old girl.

So yeah, Julia Sawalha originally voiced the character and helped bring it to life so maybe she has a right to be upset about being replaced. I don't think anyone would feel good about being replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I'm triggered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement