Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barbara Windsor

• 07-07-2020 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Sad how she's ended up. I enjoyed her appearances in Carry On films.

I didn't see the Ross Kemp documentary that he made about dementia but I heard he was in tears hearing about her struggle.

What are your thoughts on Barbara?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Big knockers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They are small though. That's almost the unspoken joke in the Carry Ons.

No one said "Get Ourra My Pub" with as much gusto.

She liked the Krays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

she owns dolly boobs parton.

Alzheimer's is a wicked disease. Dreadful seeing anyone inflicted with it.

Carry On films were great. One of the iconic British TV characters.

Always thought it was cool how she married a Mitchell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I seen the Ross Kemp documentary or her segment at least and I really feel for her husband and what they are both going through.

She really must be in the advanced stages as her husband didn't what her to appear on camera.

Dementia/Alzheimer's is a cnut of a illness and I respect anyone who deals with somebody who has it on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Loved hearing her iconic voice as the dormouse in Alice in Wonderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭This is it

Didn't realise she suffered from dementia. It's an awful thing for the person, and for those around them. Loved her in the Carry On movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Without showing my age, when I was really young we used to have these records with her and other actors reading fairy tales, every time I hear her voice I just get wiped out with nostalgia for home and been young and sitting around with the sibs listening to these.. records were pretty obsolete even then, so it was a thrill that dad would pull it the record player just to hear these.... seriously I’m not that old.

Dementia is perhaps the most odd and most fascinating of illnesses. We already knew that the brain was a strange device, but to allow you to have your sensory and motor skills, and deprive you of your personal life? Oh boy, that's a special kind of cruelty.

• Advertisement

Some hack is feverishly writing her obituary right now.

"Thanks for the mammaries" will no doubt feature.

Uncle Junior's (from The Sopranos) dad gave him some good advice: "He told me 'never grow old' "

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boss Of Bosses

She was married to the Bold Ronnie Knight, East End Gangster and one of the Knight brothers. His book gives a very close account of their marriage and her character. He says she was career obsessed. Also says she was a nympho... But who knows, people like him rarely speak the truth.
    All being said she was a great actress and entertainer and may she battle on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

She seemed like a fun warm sensitive lady.

I always remember after the Irish episodes of east enders ..she came on Irish tv and said to the audience on the late late ..
    'Do you forgive us for the Irish episodes?' ...very sweetly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

always think someones after dying when it's just the persons name in the thread title...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Sad to hear she ended up with dementia, her tits might have got her noticed in the carry on films. but she act, she could do comedy and drama very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,531 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

her giggly laugh was the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Poor Babs. :(

Reminds me of how sad I felt that Sophia from The Golden Girls couldn’t recall ever being on the show for the last few years of her life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭cml387

If you can, check out "Babs" from 2017 (I think it might be on Netflix).

Good drama doc about Ms Windsor. Canny girl, quite a life lived.

Poor Babs. :(

Reminds me of how sad I felt that Sophia from The Golden Girls couldn’t recall ever being on the show for the last few years of her life.

The old one? That badass bitch was my favourite. Well they were all great characters. What a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭randd1

The old one? That badass bitch was my favourite. Well they were all great characters. What a show.

On about sex on the first date.

"It's a sin. I don't care what anyone says, it's a sin. But I'd go back to eating fish on a Friday if his holiness gave that one the green light."

• Advertisement
Advertisement