Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woodies 20% Text

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Weyhey wrote: »
    Oh my God, can't believe how much sh*te this has caused my day. In Woodies with the kids specifically because of this bargain alert. Other half buys nearly 100e worth of stuff while I keep kids busy. I ask did they mention the discount. They forgot (they never like to ask about discounts or check for bargains ) and then starts the 'you never listen to me' sh*te. I then buy my stuff and mention the discount to the woman at till but kids are acting up and running out the door so we have to pay and run and forget to check the receipt til nearly home then realise woman never put discount thru, and not only that they have over charged me on one item. More arguing about whose fault it is. As OH has to get more stuff that wouldn't fit in car when kids were in it, he goes back to buy more and mentions the discount. They now want to see the text which we don't have.

In the end we spent a few hundred euros in Woodies that we were not planning on buying until we say the BA, got no discount and were overcharged and had a few rows and lots messing around to boot.

I don't think I could face Woodies
    Next time leave other half and kids in the car and get yourself a trolley to carry your load

Weyhey wrote: »
    Oh my God, can't believe how much sh*te this has caused my day.

Not really Woodies' fault in fairness :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Went to buy a little thing and end up spending ~€300, with €60 savings. Bought stuff I really don't need now, those discounts are diseases :) Anyway thanks for this!, its a big discount on some products, which normally never discounted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,100 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I never got the text this time - I've switched mobiles to Meteor since the last one, anyone else on Meteor receive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭unreg999

Does this cover paint & accessories too? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭userfriendly

unreg999 wrote: »
    Does this cover paint & accessories too? Thanks

Yes but this text was valid for yesterday only so no good to you.

They usually send them out every few months and are mostly valid from Fri-Sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

loyatemu wrote: »
    I never got the text this time - I've switched mobiles to Meteor since the last one, anyone else on Meteor receive it?

Me neither.

I subscribed after the BA last time and I never switched network.

Wouldn't have been using it this time anyway.

Advertisement