Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woodies 20% Text

• 23-06-2016 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Woodies 20% off text is out again. Copy and send to yourself from Web text or if you pm your number I can forward it to you

SAVE20% at Woodies this Fri24-Sun26 SHOW THIS TEXT T&Cs,not valid on Discount Items,Sheds, Mowers,GardenPower,LrgAppliance,DeWaltDrill Unsub txt REMOVE to 50015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Woodies 20% off text is out again. Copy and send to yourself from Web text or if you pm your number I can forward it to you

SAVE20% at Woodies this Fri24-Sun26 SHOW THIS TEXT T&Cs,not valid on Discount Items,Sheds, Mowers,GardenPower,LrgAppliance,DeWaltDrill Unsub txt REMOVE to 50015

Did it come from 50015? They might check the number it came from. Would be good to know. Just save it as a contact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

GavMan wrote: »
    Did it come from 50015? They might check the number it came from. Would be good to know. Just save it as a contact

Sender showed as Woodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

I never get these texts even though I'm registered with them. Do they only send them out to a percentage of customers?

My local Woodies have 10% off on Thursdays for over 60s....so I was told by a member of staff the last day. And apparently they're not too strict on the "over 60s" bit! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

My local Woodies have 10% off on Thursdays for over 60s....so I was told by a member of staff the last day. And apparently they're not too strict on the "over 60s" bit! ;)

guess neither on Thursdays :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Will they let me use this for an outdoor furniture set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

The number it came from on my iPhone was +353 9663437

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

sok2005 wrote: »
    Should work unless item is already discounted. Outdoor furniture is not listed under exclusions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just send it from any phone and put the number in your phone contacts as woodies?

Shows you how overpriced their stuff is, senior citizens and Axa customers get similar discounts.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

There's currently a 3 for 2 offer on some paints in Woodies. I perfume the two offers can't be used in tandem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

Brilliant, need to pick up a few things this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Quackster wrote: »
    There's currently a 3 for 2 offer on some paints in Woodies. I perfume the two offers can't be used in tandem?

From OP:

"not valid on Discount Items"

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

davo2001 wrote: »
    Quackster wrote: »

From OP:

"not valid on Discount Items"

Yeah, I was wondering does that include multi-buy offers or just straight price-discounted items.

Was in Woodies, Liffey Valley, earlier. They were giving a 20% discount to anyone who signed up to their Friends and Family mailing list so the text isn't really necessary. Probably the same in all their stores.

Discount definitely doesn't apply to multi buys, e.g. 3 for 2

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

Back on

"SAVE20% at Woodies this 31Mar-2ndApr T&Cs Apply,not valid on Discount Items,Mowers,GardenPower,PowerWashers,Sheds,Keter,DeWalt,LrgAppliance. Unsub txt REMOVE to 50015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

sok2005 wrote: »

Would love to know this too!
    Was going to head up on Sat and get a really nice table / bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it usually excludes the bigger items

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

put up a full size screenshot of phone and people can just show image would be full screen and at till they really don't care too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Here you go
    413287.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭homer911

I'd been waiting for this for a while as I had a Woodies gift voucher and some fences that needed painting - I needed 2x5L Cuprinol Fence Care to match existing listed on the shelf @ 15.99. Tonight I noticed they had a 3 for 2 on this stock. I asked the till operator was it covered with the 20% off - I would have taken the extra if it was. She clocked up the two cans of paint which appeared as 9.99 each and I got another €4 off, so I got my two cans for the listed price of one. Hope the weather stays dry..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

homer911 wrote: »
    I'd been waiting for this for a while as I had a Woodies gift voucher and some fences that needed painting - I needed 2x5L Cuprinol Fence Care to match existing listed on the shelf @ 15.99. Tonight I noticed they had a 3 for 2 on this stock. I asked the till operator was it covered with the 20% off - I would have taken the extra if it was. She clocked up the two cans of paint which appeared as 9.99 each and I got another €4 off, so I got my two cans for the listed price of one. Hope the weather stays dry..

The good news is next week will be fine after Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Got to Woodies just before 6 yesterday. Thanks for the text. I wish I had my hit list in better order before hand. Still saved me a few bob on items I needed. (Cement mix, trowel, lawn fertiliser)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

How can you subscribe to get these texts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How can you subscribe to get these texts?

https://www.woodies.ie/friends-and-family-club/ Seems only a large % get it each time, not everyone, but that could have just been some oddities here.

I got the text, forgot I got it and spent 40 quid there on Saturday :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭userfriendly

New text for this tomorrow only:
    SAVE20% at Woodies Sat 13th May ONLY. T&Cs,not valid on DiscountItems,Mowers,GardenPower,PowerWashers,Sheds,Keter,DeWalt,LrgAppliance. Unsub txt REMOVE to 50015

If anyone wants this text forwarded PM your number to me (or you can just copy and paste it from userfriendly's post into your webtext and send it to yourself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

If anyone wants this text forwarded PM your number to me (or you can just copy and paste it from userfriendly's post into your webtext and send it to yourself)

You don't need it. Just mention you received it and you'll be ok. (Left your phone at home)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭tonyfillony

Just used this now . Didn't have the text but said it at the till and they applied it . Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Thanks guys. Painting the outside of my house and this is gonna save nearly €90.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Oh my God, can't believe how much sh*te this has caused my day. In Woodies with the kids specifically because of this bargain alert. Other half buys nearly 100e worth of stuff while I keep kids busy. I ask did they mention the discount. They forgot (they never like to ask about discounts or check for bargains ) and then starts the 'you never listen to me' sh*te. I then buy my stuff and mention the discount to the woman at till but kids are acting up and running out the door so we have to pay and run and forget to check the receipt til nearly home then realise woman never put discount thru, and not only that they have over charged me on one item. More arguing about whose fault it is. As OH has to get more stuff that wouldn't fit in car when kids were in it, he goes back to buy more and mentions the discount. They now want to see the text which we don't have.

In the end we spent a few hundred euros in Woodies that we were not planning on buying until we say the BA, got no discount and were overcharged and had a few rows and lots messing around to boot.

I don't think I could face Woodies

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Weyhey wrote: »
    Oh my God, can't believe how much sh*te this has caused my day. In Woodies with the kids specifically because of this bargain alert. Other half buys nearly 100e worth of stuff while I keep kids busy. I ask did they mention the discount. They forgot (they never like to ask about discounts or check for bargains ) and then starts the 'you never listen to me' sh*te. I then buy my stuff and mention the discount to the woman at till but kids are acting up and running out the door so we have to pay and run and forget to check the receipt til nearly home then realise woman never put discount thru, and not only that they have over charged me on one item. More arguing about whose fault it is. As OH has to get more stuff that wouldn't fit in car when kids were in it, he goes back to buy more and mentions the discount. They now want to see the text which we don't have.

In the end we spent a few hundred euros in Woodies that we were not planning on buying until we say the BA, got no discount and were overcharged and had a few rows and lots messing around to boot.

I don't think I could face Woodies
    Next time leave other half and kids in the car and get yourself a trolley to carry your load

Weyhey wrote: »
    Oh my God, can't believe how much sh*te this has caused my day.

Not really Woodies' fault in fairness :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Went to buy a little thing and end up spending ~€300, with €60 savings. Bought stuff I really don't need now, those discounts are diseases :) Anyway thanks for this!, its a big discount on some products, which normally never discounted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I never got the text this time - I've switched mobiles to Meteor since the last one, anyone else on Meteor receive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭unreg999

Does this cover paint & accessories too? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭userfriendly

unreg999 wrote: »
    Does this cover paint & accessories too? Thanks

Yes but this text was valid for yesterday only so no good to you.

They usually send them out every few months and are mostly valid from Fri-Sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

loyatemu wrote: »
    I never got the text this time - I've switched mobiles to Meteor since the last one, anyone else on Meteor receive it?

Me neither.

I subscribed after the BA last time and I never switched network.

Wouldn't have been using it this time anyway.

Advertisement