Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 for €155 including PM.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 metoyou09

Hey

I picked up a Galaxy tab 7inch in Argos only yesterday for 125e

• Registered Users Posts: 16 metoyou09

Hey

I picked up a Galaxy tab 7inch in Argos only yesterday for 125e

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Can anyone explain briefly how parcel motel works? I was tracking my tablet online via the Tesco courier and is tells me that my tablet was 'signed by customer' at 08:55 this morning. I am assuming this is parcel motel in Newtownabbey? I just find it a little strange that I got no text or e-mail off parcel motel to tell me it had arrived, and also no credit has been taken from my account on Parcel Motel to pay for their service. Is this taken when they deliver it to my local parcel motel, will they contact me then only?

I'm just a bit of a worrier really and it is my first time using the service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

They only inform you when it's in your local parcel motel locker. If all is going well you'll get a text and email tomorrow morning telling you it's ready for collection. As far as I know they will only debit your credit card when it leaves their sorting office to go to your locker.
    Mine was marked as delivered on the hermes tracking system yesterday morning and it was in my locker this morning.
    Can't wait to finish work to go get it.

They only inform you when it's in your local parcel motel locker. If all is going well you'll get a text and email tomorrow morning telling you it's ready for collection. As far as I know they will only debit your credit card when it leaves their sorting office to go to your locker.
    Mine was marked as delivered on the hermes tracking system yesterday morning and it was in my locker this morning.
    Can't wait to finish work to go get it.

Thanks a mill for that. I know, I can't wait either. Enjoy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

PLL wrote: »
    Can anyone explain briefly how parcel motel works? I was tracking my tablet online via the Tesco courier and is tells me that my tablet was 'signed by customer' at 08:55 this morning. I am assuming this is parcel motel in Newtownabbey? I just find it a little strange that I got no text or e-mail off parcel motel to tell me it had arrived, and also no credit has been taken from my account on Parcel Motel to pay for their service. Is this taken when they deliver it to my local parcel motel, will they contact me then only?

mine arrived in North this morning at 10:40, checked into Dublin now, can't wait for delivery tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Noooo, I really wanted a white one! Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

PLL wrote: »

Log in to your parcel motel account and you can track the parcel.You'll even see a photo of it that they took when it arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

they are not showing it online yet, but Currys Pc world have the Galaxy Tab 3 for EUR 199.

Yes, it is about €25-€30 more expensive than Asda direct, but it is the best price for a B&M store

Still about EUR 250 in Argos etc

• Advertisement

mtdelany wrote: »
    they are not showing it online yet, but Currys Pc world have the Galaxy Tab 3 for EUR 199.

Yes, it is about €25-€30 more expensive than Asda direct, but it is the best price for a B&M store

Still about EUR 250 in Argos etc
    Eh no it's not http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1472424/Trail/searchtext%3ETAB+3.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

good work

they were EUR 250 yesterday

Just collected my tab from parcel motel and writing this post using the tablet. Highly highly recommend! Fantastic quality, thanks again OP, a bargain!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Did anyone manage to reserve one from Argos @ €175?

Although I could not reserve one, I thought I had pre-ordered one for collection next week however when I check my email I see I dont have a reference or reservation number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

My screen is after failing already, I'm waiting on a reply from Tesco and parcel motel. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Not good to hear about the failing screen. I only ordered mine last night. Having to deal with returning it to GB wouldvreally take some of the benefits of the good deal.

Has anyone got recommendations about a case for this? Is it better to stick withe the genuine Samsung one (32 euro on Pixmania) or are the cheaper ones on ebay the same thing without thebranding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Will be in London for weekend , Picking up the 8" for £129 in Tesco to-morrow, Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

gn3dr wrote: »
    Not good to hear about the failing screen. I only ordered mine last night. Having to deal with returning it to GB wouldvreally take some of the benefits of the good deal.

Has anyone got recommendations about a case for this? Is it better to stick withe the genuine Samsung one (32 euro on Pixmania) or are the cheaper ones on ebay the same thing without thebranding?

could you not redeem the Samsung warranty here in a screen repair shop that looks after them??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Dixons in T1 Dublin Airport are selling the Tab 3 8" 16 GB for 169

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

pc world have them for €199 at the moment,red one for €189 but out of stock in cork shop

Fair play to tesco they're doing a doorstep swap Tuesday morning.
    I'm after returning it to PM and letting them know about the swap so hopefully there won't be any confusion in Newtownabbey Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Went for one from asda. Should be with parcel motel by Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Fair play to tesco they're doing a doorstep swap Tuesday morning.
    I'm after returning it to PM and letting them know about the swap so hopefully there won't be any confusion in Newtownabbey Tuesday morning.

Yeah definitely fair play to them on that one, pity I couldn't get the same service for my Moto G! How much are PM charging you for this out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

£137 in Dixons T1 Heathrow. Gonna get me one next week if I cant pick up one cheaper in Tesco in UK.

Yeah definitely fair play to them on that one, pity I couldn't get the same service for my Moto G! How much are PM charging you for this out of interest?
    €9.50 plus another €3.50 to receive the new one.

Advertisement