Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 for €155 including PM.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Just ordered the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 on Tesco direct last night, it's £139 and when you use code TDX-JK4T it comes out at £125 so including the parcel motel that's roughly €155. I know it's been cheaper but I missed those deals do this is for anyone else who also did. http://www.tesco.com/direct/samsung-galaxy-tab-3-816gbwifi-black/498-0646.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=498-0646

Cheers....just bought one..:)

Btw will parcel motel collect it from Tesco without Id/proof of purchase..?

Its says this on the email I received...

What happens next?
    •We will send you a further email when we dispatch your order.
    •Click & Collect - we'll send you an email to confirm when your order has been delivered to the store, and will hold your order in store for 14 days. When collecting your order, the named 'delivery recipient' will need to bring proof of ID (driving license or bank card) to the store.
    •You can also check the latest status of your order in 'My Account'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Row wrote: »
    Cheers....just bought one..:)

Btw will parcel motel collect it from Tesco without Id/proof of purchase..?

Its says this on the email I received...

What happens next?
    •We will send you a further email when we dispatch your order.
    •Click & Collect - we'll send you an email to confirm when your order has been delivered to the store, and will hold your order in store for 14 days. When collecting your order, the named 'delivery recipient' will need to bring proof of ID (driving license or bank card) to the store.
    •You can also check the latest status of your order in 'My Account'

No, Tesco deliver it to them.*

*unless you clicked the click and collect option, which if you di leaves you a bit of a predicament.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

ted1 wrote: »

*unless you clicked the click and collect option, which if you di leaves you a bit of a predicament.
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭zeromemory

Damm you BA... Wasn't supposed to order one but just can't let it pass...

ted1 wrote: »

My feck-up...:rolleyes:
    Just emailed them to see if they can change my order...:o

if all fails i'll bring my wife off for a weekend up in Belfast...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭zeromemory

ahh where do i put my Parcel Motel ID at the tesco website???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

thought Tesco have issues with pmid?

I put it before the 1A Mkinney Road. Once it's anywhere on the label Parcel Motel will identify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Have it. Great Tab, miles ahead of the 7 incher

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Avengers

I put it before the 1A Mkinney Road. Once it's anywhere on the label Parcel Motel will identify it.

Hi,

How did you manage to enter PMID on address label ??

I couldn't add my PMID number anywhere on the delivery address of Tesco website.

I tried adding PMID in place of "First Name" and also in "Last Name" but getting errors as it does't allow me to enter numbers.

The Parcel Motel Antrim Address is automatically filled after inputting the post code and is not editable.

Been trying for last few hours with no joy :(

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Anyone know if this has blue tooth, couldn't see it in the specs,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

Ive been putting off buying a tablet ... was so close to buying a nexus. But at this price I couldnt say no.

Many thanks dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Would like to plunge but no way I can see for a new customer to put a PM ID anywhere in the address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

superg wrote: »
    Would like to plunge but no way I can see for a new customer to put a PM ID anywhere in the address.

Change your name at check out. It allows you to enter digits there or else change your name to spell out you PMID
    So your name could be
    SixNineEight FiveTwo. ( not my PMID )

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

Avengers wrote: »
    Hi,

How did you manage to enter PMID on address label ??

I couldn't add my PMID number anywhere on the delivery address of Tesco website.

I tried adding PMID in place of "First Name" and also in "Last Name" but getting errors as it does't allow me to enter numbers.

The Parcel Motel Antrim Address is automatically filled after inputting the post code and is not editable.

Been trying for last few hours with no joy :(

Thanks.

At the checkout screen click New Address, put BT36 4PE as the postcode, select Parcel Motel 1A McKinney Road from the dropdown, the address section should expand and you should be able to change the address. I put my PMID in front of "Parcel Motel" (Company name). And this is what I got in the order confirmation email from Tesco:

Delivery address:
    Pm22222 Parcel Motel
    1A Mckinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

Btw. I used a slovak Visa credit card and the payment seemed to go through even though I used parcel motel address as my credit card's billing address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Thanks OP, just ordered one.

coroner29 wrote: »
    At the checkout screen click New Address, put BT36 4PE as the postcode, select Parcel Motel 1A McKinney Road from the dropdown, the address section should expand and you should be able to change the address. I put my PMID in front of "Parcel Motel" (Company name). And this is what I got in the order confirmation email from Tesco:

Delivery address:
    Pm22222 Parcel Motel
    1A Mckinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

Btw. I used a slovak Visa credit card and the payment seemed to go through even though I used parcel motel address as my credit card's billing address.
    I put it before the 1A Mkinney Road and on the confirmation email it is there but I received a shipping confirmation last night and when I click on delivery details the PMID is missing so I've emailed parcel motel and tipped them off.
    It's happened me before also with a senseo coffee machine and there was no hassle once I informed parcel motel.
    It might add an extra day onto the delivery process but it's no big deal.

Dose this have Bluetooth, anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yes
    meathman0 wrote: »
    Dose this have Bluetooth, anyone know?

As if the deal wasn't sweet enough!

• Advertisement

Anyone know what number to put in for home and mobile.wont except mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

Anyone know what number to put in for home and mobile.wont except mine?

I used this one.

EDIT:
    Looking at the Nightline's Belfast contact info, the phone number is different though:

Phone +44 (0) 28 9084 8411

Was in a rush today and ordered one, too concerned about getting PM. Details forgot to put discount code in, remembered tonight and was going to phone in the morning, just got email to say it's on the way Doh......

I now see the discount code TDX-JK4T has expired....does anyone know where one could get an up to date discount code....:cool:

Row wrote: »
    I now see the discount code TDX-JK4T has expired....does anyone know where one could get an up to date discount code....:cool:

TDX-TH6W gives £10 off orders over £75
    TDX-LVY3 gives £20 off orders over £150

As if the deal wasn't sweet enough!

I saw this when I ordered mine but I ordered it at 2am on the 16th so just missed out on it :-(

PLL wrote: »
    I saw this when I ordered mine but I ordered it at 2am on the 16th so just missed out on it :-(

How did you miss out on it valid till 16th June :eek:?

How did you miss out on it valid till 16th June :eek:?

I thought it said 15th May! (Ordering at 2am can make you misread things)

*Thoroughly checks e-mails*

I thought it said 15th May! (Ordering at 2am can make you misread things)

*Thoroughly checks e-mails*

I know what you mean, at least the extended warranty goes someway to me forgetting to use the discount code when I ordered yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

finally got my password reset and its out of stock! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 metoyou09

Hey

I picked up a Galaxy tab 7inch in Argos only yesterday for 125e

• Registered Users Posts: 16 metoyou09

Hey

I picked up a Galaxy tab 7inch in Argos only yesterday for 125e

Can anyone explain briefly how parcel motel works? I was tracking my tablet online via the Tesco courier and is tells me that my tablet was 'signed by customer' at 08:55 this morning. I am assuming this is parcel motel in Newtownabbey? I just find it a little strange that I got no text or e-mail off parcel motel to tell me it had arrived, and also no credit has been taken from my account on Parcel Motel to pay for their service. Is this taken when they deliver it to my local parcel motel, will they contact me then only?

I'm just a bit of a worrier really and it is my first time using the service.

They only inform you when it's in your local parcel motel locker. If all is going well you'll get a text and email tomorrow morning telling you it's ready for collection. As far as I know they will only debit your credit card when it leaves their sorting office to go to your locker.
    Mine was marked as delivered on the hermes tracking system yesterday morning and it was in my locker this morning.
    Can't wait to finish work to go get it.

They only inform you when it's in your local parcel motel locker. If all is going well you'll get a text and email tomorrow morning telling you it's ready for collection. As far as I know they will only debit your credit card when it leaves their sorting office to go to your locker.
    Mine was marked as delivered on the hermes tracking system yesterday morning and it was in my locker this morning.
    Can't wait to finish work to go get it.

Thanks a mill for that. I know, I can't wait either. Enjoy!!

• Advertisement

Can anyone explain briefly how parcel motel works? I was tracking my tablet online via the Tesco courier and is tells me that my tablet was 'signed by customer' at 08:55 this morning. I am assuming this is parcel motel in Newtownabbey? I just find it a little strange that I got no text or e-mail off parcel motel to tell me it had arrived, and also no credit has been taken from my account on Parcel Motel to pay for their service. Is this taken when they deliver it to my local parcel motel, will they contact me then only?

mine arrived in North this morning at 10:40, checked into Dublin now, can't wait for delivery tomorrow:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Noooo, I really wanted a white one! Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Log in to your parcel motel account and you can track the parcel.You'll even see a photo of it that they took when it arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

they are not showing it online yet, but Currys Pc world have the Galaxy Tab 3 for EUR 199.

Yes, it is about €25-€30 more expensive than Asda direct, but it is the best price for a B&M store

Still about EUR 250 in Argos etc

• Advertisement

mtdelany wrote: »
    they are not showing it online yet, but Currys Pc world have the Galaxy Tab 3 for EUR 199.

Yes, it is about €25-€30 more expensive than Asda direct, but it is the best price for a B&M store

Still about EUR 250 in Argos etc
    Eh no it's not http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1472424/Trail/searchtext%3ETAB+3.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

good work

they were EUR 250 yesterday

Just collected my tab from parcel motel and writing this post using the tablet. Highly highly recommend! Fantastic quality, thanks again OP, a bargain!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Did anyone manage to reserve one from Argos @ €175?

Although I could not reserve one, I thought I had pre-ordered one for collection next week however when I check my email I see I dont have a reference or reservation number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

My screen is after failing already, I'm waiting on a reply from Tesco and parcel motel. ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Not good to hear about the failing screen. I only ordered mine last night. Having to deal with returning it to GB wouldvreally take some of the benefits of the good deal.

Has anyone got recommendations about a case for this? Is it better to stick withe the genuine Samsung one (32 euro on Pixmania) or are the cheaper ones on ebay the same thing without thebranding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Will be in London for weekend , Picking up the 8" for £129 in Tesco to-morrow, Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

gn3dr wrote: »
    Not good to hear about the failing screen. I only ordered mine last night. Having to deal with returning it to GB wouldvreally take some of the benefits of the good deal.

Has anyone got recommendations about a case for this? Is it better to stick withe the genuine Samsung one (32 euro on Pixmania) or are the cheaper ones on ebay the same thing without thebranding?

could you not redeem the Samsung warranty here in a screen repair shop that looks after them??

• Advertisement
Advertisement