Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superdry Jackets - €35

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Damn you Cheers Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Whats the Sizes like in these? Im usually a XL, so would i be safe with a XXL or would it be too tight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Just tried my brothers large on and it was too big. The sizing says 38 inch for medium which is my size. Normally I'd buy small in other clothes so one size up seems right.

Small chest 36.0" (91cm)
    Medium chest 38.0" (97cm)
    Large chest 40.0" (102cm)
    X Large chest 42.0" (107cm)
    XXLargechest 44.0" (112cm)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Been buying a fair amount of Superdry recently (shirts, tees etc) and medium seems right on me - which is my normal size. Am gonna assume I'll be same with a size medium in a jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Thanks OP, bit of a bargain. I've never bought SuperDry stuff before. Usually take a Large, so just went for a large here aswel. Hopefully it fits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    Thanks OP, bit of a bargain. I've never bought SuperDry stuff before. Usually take a Large, so just went for a large here aswel. Hopefully it fits!

Large in normal clothes is Xl in superdry,

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

aidankkk wrote: »
    Large in normal clothes is Xl in superdry,
    As I said previously, I've a medium in most.. and a medium in Superdry.

I heard the same about Superdry - but have tried a large and while it wasn't baggy, it definitely didn't fit right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

I bought one of these last time they were on offer and I wouldn't recommend it.

It hasn't a full-length zip, so pulling it over your head every time to put it on or take it off is a nuisance. Especially because it's so inflexible and with the tight inner sleeve yokes it has.

Oh, and the inner sleeves are nowhere near long enough if you're tall. They're made of nice "jumper material" and they have thumb holes, but my arms were way too long to be able to use the thumb holes.

All the suggestions elsewhere seem to suggest you must go at least a size upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Superdry have weird sizings in my experience and I buy a lot of their stuff (and invariably have to return a lot of stuff too because it doesn't fit right).

In my experience, t-shirts and leather jackets are fine. Hoodies are a touch on the large size but nothing major, while shirts and normal jackets are a size too big (I'd normally be a small but their shirts and normal jackets are definitely closer to medium in my experience).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I must be living in the last century but ive never heard of superdry, i presume there good? or is it just one of those brand things

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

One of those brand things, like that Hollister garbage except the shop isn't pitch black but the staff do walk through you like you don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Good price. But appears every man and his dog has a Superdry jacket, so if you don't mind having the same jacket as everyone else (and being a walking advertisement for Superdry) it's a good bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

A few nice jackets there and I'm half tempted to buy but for me all SuperDry jackets are way to short in body length. I have not come across a properly fitting jacket from them. I have a zip up hoodie which is perfect but the jackets are a let down.

May its just my long body :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

thanks op just bought one :)

I must be getting old....I've never heard of Superdry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

All I can say if u wearing let say Nike jacket XL you must buy XXL from Superdry.Sizes are all over the place.Im not small myself but I couldnt fit to XXL Superdry but Nike XL fits fine.
    Also if u have ''beer belly'' dont buy one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Easy Rider wrote: »
    Good price. But appears every man and his dog has a Superdry jacket, so if you don't mind having the same jacket as everyone else (and being a walking advertisement for Superdry) it's a good bargain.
    Yeah, I was visiting Ireland a few weeks back and in Mullingar it seemed like everyone was wearing one. I figured a truck with a load of them must have crashed on the by-pass recently. :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

I have one but I can't say it keeps me noticeably drier than other jackets I have.

False advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

cson wrote: »
    I have one but I can't say it keeps me noticeably drier than other jackets I have.

False advertising.

I bought a rain-coat type Superdry jacket about a year ago.

Wore it one day and got caught in the rain.......... it did absolutely nothing to keep me dry! I was soaked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I bought a rain-coat type Superdry jacket about a year ago.

Wore it one day and got caught in the rain.......... it did absolutely nothing to keep me dry! I was soaked!

Super soaked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Just ordered one, cheers OP.

Received today. It's on the small side but it fits. Should probably have went a size up.

I'd agree with these two points:
    Absoluvely wrote: »
    It hasn't a full-length zip, so pulling it over your head every time to put it on or take it off is a nuisance.
    skeg16 wrote: »
    A few nice jackets there and I'm half tempted to buy but for me all SuperDry jackets are way to short in body length.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

ordered one but never received it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

The make some nice looking stuff, but not so sure about the quality. I had a pair of their shoes that were falling apart on me after a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Received an over the head rain proof type hoody on Friday in a medium. Definitely should have went large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Sizes are all off,I am usually a small/medium on jackets etc I ordered a medium and I just about for into it,haven't much room to move about in it.

It's very short as well, but it's ok other than that,I wouldn't pay full price for it

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

every tom dick and harry wears these jackets -its like people going around in ramones t shirts

not cool bro

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

bri007 wrote: »
    Sizes are all off,I am usually a small/medium on jackets etc I ordered a medium and I just about for into it,haven't much room to move about in it.

It's very short as well, but it's ok other than that,I wouldn't pay full price for it

Definitely worth trying to find one in a shop and trying it on to see what size you are for them if there is anyone still out there looking at this offer. In my own experience, and those of others in this thread, you nearly need to up your size by at least one to cater for whatever sizing chart they use.

Not just a jacket thing either. I've gotten other clothing bits from them and the rule of thumb is to go up a size to what I'm used to on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ROY RACE wrote: »
    every tom dick and harry wears these jackets -its like people going around in ramones t shirts

not cool bro

Neither is saying 'bro'!

Advertisement