Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is T-Mart safe to use?

Options
  • 06-03-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Having a browse of T-mart and some of the stuff seems very reasonable (solder, electrical connectors, etc)

Just wondering if anyone here has used it and how did they get on?
    Some of their items look too good to be true :)

Thanks for any replies in advance

http://www.tmart.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Having a browse of T-mart and some of the stuff seems very reasonable (solder, electrical connectors, etc)

Just wondering if anyone here has used it and how did they get on?
    Some of their items look too good to be true :)

Thanks for any replies in advance

http://www.tmart.com/

Have used them several times and never had an issue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Expect three to four weeks for delivery, they are painfully slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Yeah, I also have used them a good few times, ok so far (touch wood). Much faster delivery than dealextreme for me anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes.
    Also try everbuying.com, buyincoins.com and numerous other sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I've used them once, and spent around €76 on loads of stuff.
    Out of approx 8 items, on one item they sent me two travel adapters instead of two UK switched plugs.

Their customer support is a bit inexperienced and eager to help but all over the place at the moment.

First they offered me a couple of dollars and "TMart points" because I got the wrong items.
    If I didn't want they they said I could have "We issue reimburse for the return shipping fee after you sending item back.
    Return shipping fee reimbursement is 30% of the item's price(€15.71*0.3=€4.713)."
    But the shipping of the two items back to Asia would probably exceed their shipping free reimbursement formula.

Then they realized they should ship the right items out to me.
    That was on the 8th of Feb, and I still haven't received it yet.
    Although most Chinese gadget websites take 3 - 6 weeks.

Of the 2 incorrect items they sent to me, one was damaged on arrival, a small protective LED light cover missing, exposing live circuits behind it.

They then sent a follow up e-mail asking if I wished to keep the incorrect items at 70% of it's price. I haven't responded to that, because it's ridiculous to expect me to pay for incorrect items they sent me which were defective and not usable for me anyway ( only about $10 for the two items and a US plug slips out of their worldwide travel adapter too easily )

Now I was happy with the rest of the order, including a Dell laptop battery for around €20, and have posted 5 positive reviews already.

I got sick of DealExtreme.com ( dx.com ), and have tried FocalPrice.com too. Tried buyincoins too.
    TMart could be my main go-to gadget website if I actually receive the 2 plugs I ordered.
    They seem to have a wider range of gadgets.

In general, I'd recommend TMart, but as with all these cheap Chinese websites don't expect top quality for discount store prices.

• Advertisement

Stinicker wrote: »
    Expect three to four weeks for delivery, they are painfully slow.

DealExtreme is typically 6 weeks on average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Tmart are definitely the gfastest at the moment but no doubt it will go downlhill as they get bigger. Buyincoins I find are almost always the cheapest _if_ they have what you're looking for. Theres always money off code knocking aroudn for buy in coins e.g. today they gave me COMCABAD6 6% off computers and cables. You can add a referrer code to for another discount, google around for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Used 6 times, everything got here after 4 weeks plus. One got nabbed by customs. When I had reason to query a tablet with a lousy battery I found their email customer service very good and they were willing to replace the product and refund my postage. I got a replacement battery on ebay instead as it would have taken weeks to get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I have used them once.

Item came in good condition, however delivery was just over a month.

Tmart have always been 2-3 weeks for me, I suppose anything that looks like it may be high value will take a detour through customs in portlaoise. dx.com on the other hand might take 2-3 week to dispatch an item really not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭getupthatyard

Thanks for all the replies, I'll be putting in an order soon:)

Just a quick reply.

On my first order I ordered 2 UK plugs with switches.
    They incorrectly sent out 2 travel adaptors.

They "said" they sent out the correct items, but 6 weeks later I still haven't received them and they "offered" to let me pay 70% of the price of the incorrect, defective and poor quality travel adaptors.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy with a lot of the stuff I got... like a Dell Inspiron 1720 battery for €25 or so, IR led array and other stuff.
    But, they messed up my first order, and after 10 e-mails to/from their customer support I can't be bothered pursuing the 2 UK switched plugs I ordered at this stage.

So, as with all chinese gadget websites, don't expect great customer service when things go wrong. It's usually more expensive to send things back than to write it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

Ordered once, took 2 months to arrive, parcel battered and bruised. Customer service emails made no sense. Wouldn't use again.

mrsweebri wrote: »
    Ordered once, took 2 months to arrive, parcel battered and bruised. Customer service emails made no sense. Wouldn't use again.

Do you think they hand delivered it from china?

Speaking of packaging though I just received another parcel from buyincoins - 20 days order to door and they had carefully sandwiched the driver cds for some networks adapters between two sheets of 20mm polystyrene - impressive! I have often receive shattered or damaged cds from china.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I got a delivery this morning. Ordered on 6th of March, this is my first time using them. Well pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 catz852002

I ordered on 6th March also and nothing yet so hopefully soon... I got the €31 tablet... Did u get stung with customs?? :0

• Registered Users Posts: 23 catz852002

I ordered on 6th March also and nothing yet so hopefully soon... I got the €31 tablet... Did u get stung with customs?? :0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Ordered from them twice, no issues. Love the free postage, wonder how they profit from it sometimes!
    catz852002 wrote: »
    Nope, delivery usually takes 3-4 weeks. It's the only 'catch' with ordering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Tmart have been reliable for me so far. Ordered a ps3 controller nearly 3 weeks ago, came today. Still waiting on Android stick from geekbuying after 4 weeks, and nearly 5 for a Wii av cable from dx. As CreepingDeath said before though, reckon returns might well be fairly crappy if you have a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

moodrater wrote: »
    Do you think they hand delivered it from china?

Speaking of packaging though I just received another parcel from buyincoins - 20 days order to door and they had carefully sandwiched the driver cds for some networks adapters between two sheets of 20mm polystyrene - impressive! I have often receive shattered or damaged cds from china.

I expect boxed gift items to be packaged properly, not stuffed in a flimsy padded envelope with no other protection (this wasn't a 3.99 item). I don't think I have unreasonable expectations, was just sharing my experience.

I have found small or single item orders arrive quicker than bigger packages, which seem to get stuck in Chinese scanning an customs for weeks on end. (Based on orders from focal price and deal extreme)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

An FYI, even if you select their UK shipping paying extra, they'll still ship from China. Their customer support tried to bypass the Paypal dispute process and directly asked me to close the case and lied more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Shipping is slow - but they do give you a tracking number which most cheap sites dont.

Dont know why this works but it does - the tracking number they give you can be tracked in more detail by using the tracker page here:

https://www.swisspost.ch/

And of course once you see it has entered Ireland - you can use the same number on the AnPost site.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Bought a mic from them and it came relatively quickly but it did get caught by customs. (Although that's not tmart's fault).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Mollyly

Tmart have been reliable for me so far. Ordered a ps3 controller nearly 3 weeks ago, came today. Still waiting on Android stick from geekbuying after 4 weeks, and nearly 5 for a Wii av cable from dx. As CreepingDeath said before though, reckon returns might well be fairly crappy if you have a problem.

Hi,how is your stick going?Some experience will be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Are any of there OBD readers good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Are any of there OBD readers good.

There is a thread on this forum all about them - all seems positive for the bluetooth one as long as your car has the correct port - and on some cars it might stick out a little and need the car port be unscrewed and pushed up a bit.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Have bought from them ages ago and found them great value. Some things are not great for the prices so have a look at their daily deals.
    Found this watch (Waterproof) for €5 free delivery

Daily Deals

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Depending on what you are looking for have a look at
    http://cpcireland.farnell.com/
    no waiting ages and no customs worries

handy for electrical , components and most especially mains stuff that isn't fake

Advertisement