Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mi Moneda staining?

• 04-03-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought my girlfriend one of these necklaces and discs and it has begun to stain her clothes. I thought initially that maybe we'd been sold a fake although from reading around it seems like it can be caused by makeup/sweat against the chain.

Has anyone experience of this? Want to know should I be taking it back or is it just one of those things you live with?

The stains are black/grey smudges and are on the skin and clothing...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

I have done a bit of research on Mi Moneda and I believe their chains are all 925 silver alloys (sterling silver) even if the chain is gold or rose gold. I am open for correction though.

925 Silver will tarnish, as the chemicals in the silver react with H2S and SO2 (other chemicals in the air), this will lead to the black / grey staining you have described.

I'm afraid OP, in my opinion there is no point in returning it unless it was sold to you as a 24karat pure metal.

You could bring it to the jewellers for a cleaning, this should solve the tarnish problem for a while, but tarnishing will always be a recurring problem.

Advertisement