Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 general thread (SPOILERS GALORE)

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Paddigol

breezy1985 wrote: »
    The pinch was an awful thing to do but other than that I've always liked him and see the whole ego thing as a bit of a dry humour act very similar to another favourite Zlatan and I'm sure he's probably a nice guy off camera.

I really hope as well that covid has ended the podium girl forever

Agree on both podium girl points.

Got to say I like Sagan too. I remember an interview with Sam a while back where he seemed to indicate that he got on well with Sagan, mentioning that he had no issues leading Sam out for sprints where the stage/ race suited him better.

At the end of the day, Sagan is Sagan - probably the biggest box office rider of the past 10 years. His team is always going to be built around him. I thought Bora handled Sam's last season pretty badly, but that can't be laid at Sagan's door. For a guy with all the talent and achievements that Sagan has, I don't think he carries himself badly at all.

Admittedly it's a matter of taste, but I also do love his dry sense of humour!

The pinch was an awful thing to do but other than that I've always liked him and see the whole ego thing as a bit of a dry humour act very similar to another favourite Zlatan and I'm sure he's probably a nice guy off camera.

Funny you mention Zlatan

https://youtu.be/Q_ExuFojMkI

• Registered Users Posts: 24,627 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

red_ken wrote: »
    Funny you mention Zlatan

https://youtu.be/Q_ExuFojMkI

Surprised he didn't say No Zlatan is footballs Sagan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Is the podium blokes this year their way around keeping podium girls?

I like the podium girls myself, the rare incident aside I think the cyclists are always very respectful of them and they are always very stylishly dressed so are not being objectified like ring girls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

redlead wrote: »
    they are always very stylishly dressed so are not being objectified.
    does not compute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,627 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

redlead wrote: »
    Is the podium blokes this year their way around keeping podium girls?

I like the podium girls myself, the rare incident aside I think the cyclists are always very respectful of them and they are always very stylishly dressed so are not being objectified like ring girls.

Ya it seems thats the plan. You need people there to hand them stuff but the whole posing for the kiss thing looks daft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I think Sunweb's Cervelo's were the nicest bikes of the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

Great tour, best finish in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

eeeee wrote: »

I liked the Astana Wiliers

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

eeeee wrote: »

Great advert for Cervelo with Hirschi and Soren Kragh getting plenty of screen time... .I want to buy myself a Cervelo now and would never have considered it before!

Oymyakon wrote: »
    I want to buy myself a Cervelo now and would never have considered it before!

I have one already! Just not as nice as those ones...

I really liked Sam's green paint job tbh, also the video of him seeing it for the first time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Oymyakon wrote: »
    Great advert for Cervelo with Hirschi and Soren Kragh getting plenty of screen time... .I want to buy myself a Cervelo now and would never have considered it before!

Talk to Hambini. 🀪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I really liked Sam's green paint job tbh, also the video of him seeing it for the first time :D

You can buy one, I'd say you'll need to be quick..

https://twitter.com/iamspecialized/status/1307721196646133760?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The interview with Ashley on Eurosport in which Sam hops off the bike to show that both sides have a different design was funny as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do you have a link for it?

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    You can buy one, I'd say you'll need to be quick..

https://twitter.com/iamspecialized/status/1307721196646133760?s=19

And I think I saw it somewhere that the frameset is around $7k? :eek::pac:
    do you have a link for it?

Around the 2 minute mark here, it's just a short clip within the longer video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYrDc6CK9W8

https://twitter.com/deceuninck_qst/status/1308081036769755136?s=20

Different video but this is brilliant for the reaction of the staff in the bus & the car to the final stage win.
    https://twitter.com/Sammmy_Be/status/1308083631269851139?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What happened Roglic’s helmet and visor etc at the end of the TT stage on Saturday. It’s been bugging me for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

bazermc wrote: »
    What happened Roglic’s helmet and visor etc at the end of the TT stage on Saturday. It’s been bugging me for days.
    Overheated I'd say? I was reading a preview and one of the things they were saying was to throw away the visor at the bottom of the climb to keep cool as the aero benefits are much less when climbing. Think it was his first time wearing the helmet too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭JimmyChew

Overheated I'd say? I was reading a preview and one of the things they were saying was to throw away the visor at the bottom of the climb to keep cool as the aero benefits are much less when climbing. Think it was his first time wearing the helmet too

The visor Perspex part pulls right off, Its held in place by magnets. Some done this during or at the start of the climb. The Areo part right at the back (the sticky out bit) was probably tipping off his shoulder blades as he was looking up causing it to ride up on his head. And as mentioned probably a brand new helmet so not a great fit or not "broke in"

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

bazermc wrote: »

I read somewhere that it was intentionally pushed back so there was little to no gap between the end of the helmet and his back/shoulders for those sweet marginal aero gains.

Advertisement