Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-07-2019, 14:24   #1
ElenaKh

Irish Citizenship The Second Stage of Processing

Hi guys, I applied for my citizenship back in October 2018. Barely got my passport back after 2,5 month and only received an acknowledgment letter (stage 1) end of January 2019. They requested additional document in Feb and I sent everything back within a week or so. Eventually yesterday (it's mid of July) I received a letter that my application proceeded to the second stage. So what’s the story? I didn’t know there is a stage two. Did anyone else received something similar. IF so how long more will I wait? Thank you so much for your help in advance.
Advertisement
17-07-2019, 16:21   #2
nuac

Mod
You have a similar thread here already
17-07-2019, 16:24   #3
ElenaKh

Can you please send me the link?
17-07-2019, 20:15   #4
nuac

Mod - to ElenaKh
You have the same post in this forum in thread "Applying for Irish Citizenship Time line"
Which post do you require deleted?
18-07-2019, 09:27   #5
ElenaKh

Can I keep this one please?
Advertisement
18-07-2019, 11:16   #6
nuac

OK
Mod
18-07-2019, 11:41   #7
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaKh View Post
Hi guys, I applied for my citizenship back in October 2018. Barely got my passport back after 2,5 month and only received an acknowledgment letter (stage 1) end of January 2019. They requested additional document in Feb and I sent everything back within a week or so. Eventually yesterday (it's mid of July) I received a letter that my application proceeded to the second stage. So what’s the story? I didn’t know there is a stage two. Did anyone else received something similar. IF so how long more will I wait? Thank you so much for your help in advance.
Apparently they are totally snowed under at the moment. They’ve had to bring staff from other sections to try and get through all the applications.
It wasn’t moving very quickly anyway.
I’m sorry I can’t tell you more.
All I can say is that badgering them to know when you will be approved will not do anything for you.
Thanks from:
18-07-2019, 11:49   #8
ElenaKh

Thank you so much. I got that, espessialy with the news that broke out yesterday.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion