Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over over dishwasher?

Options
  • 15-07-2019 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Would there be any issues with putting an electric oven over a dishwasher?

I was thinking of putting them in the carcase of a kitchen unit.

Tia

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I couldn't see an electrical issue

You've have heat from the dishwasher rising up to the cooker but its probably better that way than the other with heat rising and gravity keeping a potential leak away.

If it's a newer cooker, many have much lighter loads than older ones, efficiency ratings and smaller elements etc

The socket for the dishwasher will need to be fed from an isolating switch as it might be covered up, same for the cooker, as in you need access to isolate the devices

Doesn't sound practical at all through, a hot dish being taken out could slip from the cooker etc.

You might have a hot vent in the cooker blowing into your face from a fan oven

I wouldn't do it anyway,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Stoner wrote: »
    I couldn't see an electrical issue

You've have heat from the dishwasher rising up to the cooker but its probably better that way than the other with heat rising and gravity keeping a potential leak away.

If it's a newer cooker, many have much lighter loads than older ones, efficiency ratings and smaller elements etc

The socket for the dishwasher will need to be fed from an isolating switch as it might be covered up, same for the cooker, as in you need access to isolate the devices

Doesn't sound practical at all through, a hot dish being taken out could slip from the cooker etc.

You might have a hot vent in the cooker blowing into your face from a fan oven

I wouldn't do it anyway,

Thanks.
    In the end we decided on a dual fuel range cooker from powercity.
    Got a bargain at €500.

I've to do some DIY on the kitchen unit beside it to make a 90cm cooker fit 60 cm gap. I'll put the dishwasher elsewhere.

Advertisement