Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King Sheep!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I really didn't get the hype about HP when it came out - there was loads of stuff in YA that was already out and was just as good, if not better.

Then Twilight became big and I just gave up on trying to figure people out at all.

I had little to no interest in HP as they came out.

But Mrs. Tusk became addicted to it, so she watched it religiously. Sometimes even getting through the whole series in a week. I became addicted too. Then we got the audiobooks and turns out they are fantastic.

Everything I liked about the movies is expanded on and much deeper in the books.

Twilight can go **** itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

tusk wrote: »
    Everything I liked about the movies is expanded on and much deeper in the books.

I went on a big rant here about previous YA authors who came earlier and I felt were better, but it's totally off-topic. :o I'll just say that the HP books at least make sense. The movies miss out entire pieces that screw up the narrative. :P

Entry to King Sheep in. :)

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I went on a big rant here about previous YA authors who came earlier and I felt were better, but it's totally off-topic. :o I'll just say that the HP books at least make sense. The movies miss out entire pieces that screw up the narrative. :P

Entry to King Sheep in. :)
    Link to rant? :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

4 entries so far, this may indeed be a bit niche lol.

Let's see how it goes till the deadline anyways :)

whoa. I would have expected a good few more than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Necro wrote: »
    4 entries so far, this may indeed be a bit niche lol.

Let's see how it goes till the deadline anyways :)

Think there has been a lot on. I forgot this was running!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Think there has been a lot on. I forgot this was running!

Also didn't realise it was sheep now. Wouldn't have been able to answer for peehs. Will submit an entry when home later.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yes, bless Google!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok so folks I'm gonna hold off on this one for a while as there's only been 5 entrants. Not the most popular topic it seems but sure that's fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Ok so folks I'm gonna hold off on this one for a while as there's only been 5 entrants. Not the most popular topic it seems but sure that's fine :)

I'll play if its still open?
    Been wanting to sign up for one of these games for ages! Was looking at the marvel peehs and saw your comment about this one, King is the man!

• Advertisement

sammyjo90 wrote:
    I'll play if its still open? Been wanting to sign up for one of these games for ages! Was looking at the marvel peehs and saw your comment about this one, King is the man!

Yeah sign ups are open till I get ten or so players to make things at least slightly interesting :)

Maybe a mod could put sign ups OPEN tag on this again and we will see if we can get this bad boy off the ground after all these months...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Woot!

Just looking through my PMs... errr....

I'm gonna need new answers from those who entered previously, they appear to have been deleted when I mass cleared my PMs recently :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

I'm gonna need new answers from those who entered previously, they appear to have been deleted when I mass cleared my PMs recently :o

Maybe rebrand it as a PEEHS, Necro?

Either way, I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Maybe rebrand it as a PEEHS, Necro?

Oof, would need much easier questions to be a PEEHS. I'm a King fan and I wouldn't be able to do this as a PEEHS due to the lack of google (especially for one or two of The Dark Tower questions in my case anyway).

I think it would have to be a SHEEP.

Oof... especially for one or two of The Dark Tower questions in my case anyway

Did you resist King's fantasy folly, Geordi? I did, for years. Hated "The Gunslinger" in '82 or '83 and didn't revisit it for nearly a decade. "The Drawing Of The Three" is a masterclass in King's ability for back-story.

Did you resist King's fantasy folly, Geordi? I did, for years. Hated "The Gunslinger" in '82 or '83 and didn't revisit it for nearly a decade. "The Drawing Of The Three" is a masterclass in King's ability for back-story.

I do intend to read The Dark Tower at some point, but it's not high up on my reading list at the moment. I will get around to it at some point I'm sure.

While I do enjoy a good series of novels from time to time, I'm usually more drawn to stand-alone novels, which is probably why I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Actually scratch that I still have the answers on the sheepulator.

I have entries from

quickbeam
    Choc Chip
    osh

So 3 players for now woop woop!!

• Advertisement

Actually scratch that I still have the answers on the sheepulator.

I have entries from

quickbeam
    Choc Chip
    osh

Did I not enter ?

tusk wrote: »
    Did I not enter ?

You did but for some reason I don't have your answers :(

I think Barney did as well

*Sweating intensifies

You're lucky I'm fond of you, Necro, as I wouldn't have done that for anyone else.

Four, PM sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

In. And agree with Levar. I think it needs to be simplified a lot if you make it a PEEHS

We are now up to....

7 players:

Choc Chip
    Collie D
    Hello 2D Person Below
    osh
    quickbeam
    Three More Big Sleeps
    tusk

It's sheep right? Cos i'm not re-resubmitting :pac:

It is sheep :D

• Advertisement

8 Players Now. I'm In.

Advertisement