Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Table Quiz - July 2019

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I’m not on any WhatsApp groups so this is my chance :D

Oh god, don't Strawbs. Whatsap groups always descend into inappropriate images/videos being sent which automatically save to your phone and lead to awkward conversations when your husband/mum see nakey pics as you're scanning through the gallery to show them a picture.

I mean, I imagine that's the case. Not that I'm speaking from personal experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Of course, choccy. Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Oh I'll do this if you'll have me

sKeith wrote: »
    Why are teams being randed when they are forming naturally by preferred comms method?

sK is right. Let the teams draft themselves. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Oh god, don't Strawbs. Whatsap groups always descend into inappropriate images/videos being sent which automatically save to your phone and lead to awkward conversations when your husband/mum see nakey pics as you're scanning through the gallery to show them a picture.

I mean, I imagine that's the case. Not that I'm speaking from personal experience...

If that kind of content isn't already on your phone then you've another problem to worry about. Weirdo

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »

I'm gonna be picked last for teams again.

This is just like school! :P

If that's to happen, then I am Loathe to join a PM or Email team.

Whatsapp or Discord only for me pls.

tusk wrote: »
    If that kind of content isn't already on your phone then you've another problem to worry about. Weirdo

IF I was going to look at that kind of content I'd use an incognito tab or save it to an innocuous file folder on my phone rather than save it in my general gallery. Weirdo. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I thought drafting was bad :P:D

tusk wrote: »

Very curious to see SMs phone since she liked that post Tusk.

• Advertisement

IF I was going to look at that kind of content I'd use an incognito tab or save it to an innocuous file folder on my phone rather than save it in my general gallery. Weirdo. ;)

What a great way of doing it that you just now came up with off the cuff.

Joking aside, i think its Kolidos call.

Oooooh she’s smart. I definitely want to be on chocs team now.

What a great way of doing it that you just now came up with off the cuff.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

Chocco you nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Just to be clear folks, everyone will be randed to a team when signups close.

Regarding the watsapps groups there may or may not be a visual round!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Where’s nitwits post gone?

Baggly beat me to the carrier pigeon joke, I deleted my post in shame :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Oooooh she’s smart. I definitely want to be on chocs team now.

Can you not tell whatsapp to not save media to gallery though?

Viber has that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

In too, sure why not give it a go, wouldn't be the first time I haven't a breeze what I'm doing :)

Viber has that option.

You’re asking the wrong person. I have no WhatsApp friends :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

You’re asking the wrong person. I have no WhatsApp friends :(

Aw, poor Strawbs :( PM me your number and I'll add you as a WhatsApp friend.

• Advertisement

Viber has that option.

You can, but only as a general rule not specific groups (i dont think) and so if you want it to auto save family/friend pics and ur too lazy to auto delete then your phone ends up choc-full of rubbish.

If the table quiz contained questions on whatsap settings and how to store your dodgy media I'd get on far better than general knowledge.

quickbeam wrote: »

Expect nudes SM, thats all ill say.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Viber has that option.
    Yes. You can turn off autosave for conversations or even individuals. It's very handy because I'm in groups with some absolute plonkers and some of the ****e that they send I don't want on my phone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    We could have a werewolf group chat.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Yes. You can turn off autosave for conversations or even individuals. It's very handy because I'm in groups with some absolute plonkers and some of the ****e that they send I don't want on my phone.

Nope. Turns out I'd be just as bad at my imaginary table quiz on whatsap settings. Sigh.

Nope. Turns out I'd be just as bad at my imaginary table quiz on whatsap settings. Sigh.
    Are you android or iphone?

sullivlo wrote: »
    Are you android or iphone?

android!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sullivlo wrote:
    We could have a werewolf group chat.

I'm already in circa 3 (4?) groups from previous games, it was something I was considering suggesting but I was worried that:
    Too much chat might move off boards
    It might look to others on the outside as clique-ish

But I have a tendency to overthink things :pac:

Necro wrote: »
    I'm already in circa 3 (4?) groups from previous games, it was something I was considering suggesting but I was worried that:
    Too much chat might move off boards
    It might look to others on the outside as clique-ish

But I have a tendency to overthink things :pac:

ah screw them. We're a nice bunch if people wan't to join come on in...

I was actually thinking of a short game on discord, but a bit more involved than popcorn. over the course of a day or two only. Could also be done on watsapp.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Wonder if popcorn settings can be changed to lengthen the days so it'd last a few days instead of a few minutes.

Advertisement