Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiling water tap vs. hot water from boiler

Options
  • 01-04-2019 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, trying to decide whether to go with a 3 in 1 boiling water tap for our house as we are currently completing renovation and extension works. Is it worth the additional expense if we have a combi gas boiler that can produce 60degree water straight from the tap?

We are not tea or coffee drinkers so we'd mainly use it for cleaning pots/pans, boiling water for cooking, hot water bottles, etc.

The quooker/franke models seem to be the best but very expensive so if we were going with one I'd be inclined to go with something more affordable (e.g. Qettle/Abode Pronteau). What do people think, are they worth it if we already have near instant hot water from the combi?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭randombar

kev1234 wrote: »
    Hi, trying to decide whether to go with a 3 in 1 boiling water tap for our house as we are currently completing renovation and extension works. Is it worth the additional expense if we have a combi gas boiler that can produce 60degree water straight from the tap?

We are not tea or coffee drinkers so we'd mainly use it for cleaning pots/pans, boiling water for cooking, hot water bottles, etc.

The quooker/franke models seem to be the best but very expensive so if we were going with one I'd be inclined to go with something more affordable (e.g. Qettle/Abode Pronteau). What do people think, are they worth it if we already have near instant hot water from the combi?

Did you find anything? Looking at getting one of these if the price was reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kev1234

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Did you find anything? Looking at getting one of these if the price was reasonable.

I ordered a Qettle at the weekend for £508 incl. VAT and delivery. It has not been delivered yet so I can't tell you anything directly on whether it is good or not but generally the reviews I've found seem positive from both customers and review sites. I would have liked to get a Quooker but couldn't stomach the extra €1,000 cost. So will see how this one goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭randombar

I ordered a Qettle at the weekend for £508 incl. VAT and delivery. It has not been delivered yet so I can't tell you anything directly on whether it is good or not but generally the reviews I've found seem positive from both customers and review sites. I would have liked to get a Quooker but couldn't stomach the extra €1,000 cost. So will see how this one goes.

Quooker is a crazy price in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 villamar

That seems a very good price for Qettle. I'm interested in boiling water tap but as said already Quooker are crazy money. Where did you order Qettle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

sorry for dragging up an old thread , bit how did the qettle work out for you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement