Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"So what are you going to now that you have got the OBE"
    "I think we'll go out for fish and chips, Ray"
    "Fish and chips! ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah "
    "ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah"

Laughing all the way to the bank, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I think hes probably been told to ham up the laughing so they can use the clip in a promo later? To trick unsuspecting people who didnt hear it live into thinking the show must be a bit of craic.

Very short term plan as after a few mins listening theyl realise there are no (intentional) laughs and a college 1st year radio show would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I think hes probably been told to ham up the laughing so they can use the clip in a promo later? To trick unsuspecting people who didnt hear it live into thinking the show must be a bit of craic.

Very short term plan as after a few mins listening theyl realise there are no (intentional) laughs and a college 1st year radio show would be better.

Ah here, as someone who was one of the mentioned and did some radio production/presenting, quiet frankly that's insulting being compared to Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ah here, as someone who was one of the mentioned and did some radio production/presenting, quiet frankly that's insulting being compared to Ray.

My apologies, I can definitely see how a comparison with Ray would dent anyones confidence, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PieOhMy wrote: »
    My apologies, I can definitely see how a comparison with Ray would dent anyones confidence, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

He was actually once mentioned as an example as how not to be a radio presenter, his infamy precedes him.

• Advertisement

Ray: We'll be talking to John Redmond about the music that shat, er, sacheed, through his life.

So, Dancing with the stars, a conductor for the Oscars, porridge, rhyming couplets and getting his buttons wrong.

And radio goes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Who's she scoring?

Ray: We'll be talking to John Redmond about the music that shat, er, sacheed, through his life.

So, Dancing with the stars, a conductor for the Oscars, porridge, rhyming couplets and getting his buttons wrong.

And radio goes off.

I heard the “shat” comment, and having listened on and off whilst hanging a few pictures, I have to say he should have stuck with “shat”, as it’s likely to be more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,059 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Totally out of his depth.... like poor John on Sport.Listen to MI and the ‘interview’ with Anthony Daly.

How long will it take for Montrose to figure out that these guys are not broadcasters.

They should have left him presenting the kids programmes. He was grand for that.

Jury might be out on that.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Totally out of his depth.... like poor John on Sport.Listen to MI and the ‘interview’ with Anthony Daly.

Ah here, I think John is completely mis-suited to sport also, but this morning's interview Daly was a disaster because of the technology. There was a bad line and a delay, John Murray would ask a question and then Daly would answer the previous question sort of like the Two Ronnies sketch. :pac:

The only mistake that John made was persisting with it for so long. When the line first broke down they should have just moved on.

Ah here, I think John is completely mis-suited to sport also, but this morning's interview Daly was a disaster because of the technology. There was a bad line and a delay, John Murray would ask a question and then Daly would answer the previous question sort of like the Two Ronnies sketch. :pac:

The only mistake that John made was persisting with it for so long. When the line first broke down they should have just moved on.

Yes, I understand that, it was the technology, but John should have terminated the interview way way before the thing finally broke down.

This is the thing, John seems to read every thing of a script sheet and when things get ‘off road’ gets lost.

An experienced broadcaster should have handled the breakdown much more smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Buzzkill talking about having fun :). Still talking about things he knows nothing about

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ray used to play a game called "Catch a girl, kiss a girl"

The misogynist b@stard.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

clearly ray didn't bother to learn the name of the bridge in question like someone should.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

BPKS wrote: »
    Ray used to play a game called "Catch a girl, kiss a girl"

The misogynist b@stard.

The Irish Harvey Weinstein

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭elperello

neris wrote: »
    The Irish Harvey Weinstein

That's completely uncalled for and totally untrue.

elperello wrote: »

Its a joke, carfeul you dont fall off your high horse there snowflake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

neris wrote: »
    Its a joke, carfeul you dont fall off your high horse there snowflake

The biggest joke is what that incompetent waffler trousers and unfortunately the jokes on us. He must look in the mirror every morning and say "can't believe I haven't been found out yet"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

elperello wrote: »

Irish Jimmy Saville then?

speaking of which...this is without doubt one of radios best moments...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's a joke in poor taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Press the button ya klutz

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he thinks his amateurism is funny

pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Press the button ya klutz

And don't be giving out to the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

Hadn't that man Tyson Steele suffered enough, stranded and alone in the cold in Alaska, without having to be interviewed by Ray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Why don't they post a picture of themselves without filters and without make up if they really don't want to present the world with an unnatural representation of themselves.

What's the difference between using a filter on Instagram and using make up in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

5 years on air today. Five.

Since he returned he's been getting progressively worse; with Today FM he had to work; they chop & change like the wind and in fairness when I listened to him in the 00s I liked his 3 hour slot I was a fan.

1.5 hours (less in reality with Ads and News & well, Nuacht & Sport) is a bit like let's just get through this.

2FM should've been where he was put; Gerry Ryan's 3 hour slot has never been filled properly; he'd've been a good fit & stabilised ad revenue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    5 years on air today. Five.

Since he returned he's been getting progressively worse; with Today FM he had to work; they chop & change like the wind and in fairness when I listened to him in the 00s I liked his 3 hour slot I was a fan.

1.5 hours (less in reality with Ads and News & well, Nuacht & Sport) is a bit like let's just get through this.

2FM should've been where he was put; Gerry Ryan's 3 hour slot has never been filled properly; he'd've been a good fit & stabilised ad revenue there.

Pocketed close to €2.5million of taxpayers money in this time.

And still cant press the right button.

Do not forget that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Eilish O Carroll on coming out.

For about the 10th time now.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Eilish O Carroll on coming out.

For about the 10th time now.

who?

Advertisement