Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I finally hit rank 6. Got OGRIS and FLUX rifle built this morning. I have to say FLUX rifle should be banned! :pac: Its only rank 20 ( with potato ) and it just destroys stuff. With flux rifle so great at killing ancients I can use my Vasto again. I got 2 Forma used on it too.

Anyway, was not a fan of this weekend event. It was way too rare and I was really unlucky with mod rewords. Hopefully other events will be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Friend of mine was at Gamescom, she went to the Warframe booth to say she liked the game. They responded with "You're a GIRL!" Not terribly impressed. But she brought back swag!

So, did anyone sticked around? I am over 110h+++ and still having fun. I have to say, that you will enjoy game a lot more when you in a clan, which is active on teamspeak. I got lucky to get in to a clan with a bunch of crazy lads, great crack! :)

P.s flux rifle should be banned :D 2 forma in already!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this months edition of PC gamer comes with £20 worth of in game money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Got to 12 minutes on the new survival event. Don't think ill be able to make 20min for the Strun. After 10 minutes they throw Toxic Ancients at you and by that time the mobs are level 45-50.

• Advertisement

Got to 12 minutes on the new survival event. Don't think ill be able to make 20min for the Strun. After 10 minutes they throw Toxic Ancients at you and by that time the mobs are level 45-50.

I got to solo 15 min and was lucky to get in to random group with good people, so we did 26 min. Lads in a clan managed 38minutes in pairs. Looks like best way to do it in 2 people groups.

I really love this event so far. A lot more fun and challenging then defence missions. Plus equipment levels up so damn fast! :eek:

32min my highest so far. Savage event!!!

Skerries wrote: »
    this months edition of PC gamer comes with £20 worth of in game money

Did you tried it? The lads in clan bought on google store the magazine for 3-4£, but irish are not getting google magazine stand...
    Tried to redeem it with hard copy?

just entered the code in from the magazine and it says I have 620 platinum but I'm not sure how much I had in there already.

it did say in the magazine that digital copies won't get it til Sept 6th and if they didn't opt in for share information or you only buy a single issue that they have to send an email to pcgamer.giftageddon@futurenet with either a picture of the code page from the mag or a receipt from the digital edition

just entered the code in from the magazine and it says I have 620 platinum but I'm not sure how much I had in there already.

it did say in the magazine that digital copies won't get it til Sept 6th and if they didn't opt in for share information or you only buy a single issue that they have to send an email to pcgamer.giftageddon@futurenet with either a picture of the code page from the mag or a receipt from the digital edition

Cheers. Misses gone to town today and picked up a copy of a magazine. Need to wait for her to come back home later on. I am fresh out of plat after rushing Dual VASTO. WELL WORTH IT! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

If you have an iPhone or iPad you can get this month's and next month's issue of PC Gamer for free, with no obligation apparently.

Right, misses brought back the magazine. Entered code and got the 27eu package. Great value for 8eu.

I wonder if they stack if you buy more?

I wonder if they stack if you buy more?

Thats what I was wondering too. Its great damn value. I read the page and I could not see anything like " only for one account" stuff.

Someone test it so i can abuse it :D

Someone test it so i can abuse it :D

I got the last magazine in our town. :(

Anyway, these survivals are the bizz, really like them. They supposed to change raid missions. I don't mind raid missions, but I do prefer survival now. 1 run and supra from zero to rank 18. :D.
    So on infested best Time was 33min on corpus 67min. Can't wait to try grineer tomorrow.

I love dual vasto. What a great weapon. At level 205 dual vasto was the only weapon doing damage. Everything else was useless. Can't recommend enough.
    Supra is different story, I built it today and got it to level 22. So far I am not impressed at all. I will try forma it once, but if it count improve with more mods I will just switch to dera and forma it few times.

Well, did all of you gave up already? I have to say I am still going strong. Got a ton of new weapons. Some cool, some crap.
    I still can't believe how disappointing SUPRA is. My new love is LANKA. I built it, just because I could, was not looking forward to it at all. After trial run on xini I felt in love. Its 29 now and I am planing a ton of forma on it. That thing is just stupidly good and fun. Speed trigger and shred are the must though.
    The latest patch finally brought a mod system, where you don't need redo mods every single time you switch weapons/frames. Its god sent!

Looking forward to update 10 now. Do you reckon we will see it this weekend?

Still playing, though I've only clocked up 15 hours so far. I got my code off PC Gamer today through their free month trial offer. Now what to spend all that platinum on. :)

Sarn wrote: »
    Still playing, though I've only clocked up 15 hours so far. I got my code off PC Gamer today through their free month trial offer. Now what to spend all that platinum on. :)

I would suggest keeping platinum for "Potatoes" and Forma. Everything else you can get yourself.

Logged in today to finally be greeted with a 75% off Plat login bonus :D Dropped €45 on it to get about 4k Plat and some mods (which i think are just nightmare mods) Bought the female Warframe bundle, the update 10 bundle and a few weapons. Game has a new lease of life now i have all these new toys to play with. Normally i wouldn't drop so much cash on the game but i really don't play enough to grind out stuff. Plus i'm impatient :D

The new UI is really really nice plus the switchable mod loudouts also. Game has come along way since i played it on the first day of the open beta. A joy to play.

Just checked the official forums now regarding all alerts being lvl 90+ and it seems everyone hates the update. Haven't play much of it to be honest just some mercury missions on the new frames i have but i can see what they are talking about in regards to the stamina nerf.

• Advertisement

Logged in today to finally be greeted with a 75% off Plat login bonus :D Dropped €45 on it to get about 4k Plat and some mods (which i think are just nightmare mods) Bought the female Warframe bundle, the update 10 bundle and a few weapons. Game has a new lease of life now i have all these new toys to play with. Normally i wouldn't drop so much cash on the game but i really don't play enough to grind out stuff. Plus i'm impatient :D

The new UI is really really nice plus the switchable mod loudouts also. Game has come along way since i played it on the first day of the open beta. A joy to play.

Just checked the official forums now regarding all alerts being lvl 90+ and it seems everyone hates the update. Haven't play much of it to be honest just some mercury missions on the new frames i have but i can see what they are talking about in regards to the stamina nerf.

Ah, you lucky bugger! I want 75% off too, but I never get it :(. Damn, I will even take 50%!!!

So far, I love new update. I only started it today and we with the lads managed to get 2 out 3 parts for Necro already. Few lads bought it with plat and it looks like a savage frame! Cant wait to build my one! A lot more satisfying then buying one( for me ).
    The new boss is great crack. We spent like 25 mins first time around.
    It was so lol too. We did not knew its 2 phase fight. So when we killed all heads, we though that it is it. Then we droped down and were greated with all big bad boy! Teamspeak just had a surge in "WTF IS THAT!!!! OMG RUN LOL!!!! Was so funny and interesting at the same time.
    Second and third time we put on our good weaponary, 4 RHINO's and we made that boss our bitch. Flux Rifle and Wraith Shotgun work great on it.

So yeah, All in all I love this patch. Great frame, GREAT BOSS!!!, Cool new zones and tiles. UI changes are very good, just to sort out mod section and we back on track. It gets really annoying to scroll down 300 REACH mods, before getting to what you actually need. I have not tried new weapons yet, but those should be awesome too.

Ah, you lucky bugger! I want 75% off too, but I never get it :(. Damn, I will even take 50%!!!

So far, I love new update. I only started it today and we with the lads managed to get 2 out 3 parts for Necro already. Few lads bought it with plat and it looks like a savage frame! Cant wait to build my one! A lot more satisfying then buying one( for me ).
    The new boss is great crack. We spent like 25 mins first time around.
    It was so lol too. We did not knew its 2 phase fight. So when we killed all heads, we though that it is it. Then we droped down and were greated with all big bad boy! Teamspeak just had a surge in "WTF IS THAT!!!! OMG RUN LOL!!!! Was so funny and interesting at the same time.
    Second and third time we put on our good weaponary, 4 RHINO's and we made that boss our bitch. Flux Rifle and Wraith Shotgun work great on it.

So yeah, All in all I love this patch. Great frame, GREAT BOSS!!!, Cool new zones and tiles. UI changes are very good, just to sort out mod section and we back on track. It gets really annoying to scroll down 300 REACH mods, before getting to what you actually need. I have not tried new weapons yet, but those should be awesome too.

To get 75% off plat you login for two days then dont login on the third. Then it resets it back to zero days. Not as many different login rewards in the first two days compared to 3+ days thus more chance to proc a 75% discount.

As for earning Warframes i kinda agree. I would rather earn them than simply buy them, but i felt i needed that quick fix since i was bored out of my head with Excalibur and Mag just isn't doing anything for me. I have about 2.2k play left so plan is to only spend that on slots and potatoes.

Will consider joining a clan when i get that real endgame frame + loudout.

To get 75% off plat you login for two days then dont login on the third. Then it resets it back to zero days. Not as many different login rewards in the first two days compared to 3+ days thus more chance to proc a 75% discount.

As for earning Warframes i kinda agree. I would rather earn them than simply buy them, but i felt i needed that quick fix since i was bored out of my head with Excalibur and Mag just isn't doing anything for me. I have about 2.2k play left so plan is to only spend that on slots and potatoes.

Will consider joining a clan when i get that real endgame frame + loudout.

To be honest, I would join as soon as you can. there is nothing "end game" in warframe. Even excalibur is sort of end game. Join as soon as possible and preferably the clan with TeamSpeak. Its all about runs and when you doing them with other people its a lot more fun, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Sarn wrote: »

Can you still do this? How do you get a free month?
    Only started playing this game yesterday, was getting bored of planetside 2 so needed something fresh

Well, I got my necro helmet last night and I got my Necro building now. Its going to be long 3 days. :(
    I got my Soma too and I really really Love it so far. It comes with 2 "V" polarities and makes Gorgon look like a Bitch! I dont know why on earth someone would use Gorgon instead of Soma. 35% crit is madness. I am still leveling and it does not look like great against ancients so far, but I dont even have armor pen mod on it yet.

So thoughts on update 10 so far? A missed opportunity. I LOVE all the additions, I love new weapon ( looking forward to see Dojo weapons in action too ), I love necro ( from seeing others play it ), I love new Derelic zones and I LOVE New boss. So why is it missed opportunity? Its, because after you get your Necro, there is no point in going to Derelic zones and kill that boss. Credit rewards are bad, XP is bad, mod drops meh ( you will still go to farm mods in void ). Its a great new addition, but its just under used. Void is out for ages and it is still alive due to so many Prime drops. Derelic needs some sort of "Corrupted" versions of weapons to make us go there.

KilOit wrote: »
    Can you still do this? How do you get a free month?
    Only started playing this game yesterday, was getting bored of planetside 2 so needed something fresh

If you subscribe to the digital edition of PC Gamer you can get a free month, I did it through my iPhone. Then it's a matter of cancelling it before it renews. For the digital edition you have to mail them for the code, which takes a few days for them to verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I'm still playing, though I slacked off for a few weeks. I agree update 10 has been a success, 2 days left for my Necro, also loving the Soma (have polarized it once so far, usually 5 is the charm for my rifles nowadays :) ).
    Yes the new boss becomes a little pointless once you have the parts but then that is true of them all, the difference here (and I am thinking this is as much of an experiment by DE as anything else) is that you were guaranteed a component drop at the end of each mission. Yes it could be something you already have but at least there was no mad searching for the elusive purple ball after the kill, that and the actual mechanics of the boss-fight itself were MUCH more satisfying than any other boss-runs in the game.
    And I love survival mode, it's easily my favourite type now. Lots of action, XP and drops without the static nature of defense missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

No sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I found out last night that Warframe is set in the same universe as Dark Sector - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Sector

The main character of that game was the first Tenno. Check out the description of the Glaive in game and take a look at the box art for Dark Sector.

Even more interesting is the fact that Dark Sector was originally supposed to be a stealth game set in space, but was changed to a modern day 3rd person shooter at the last minute.

Check out the original trailer!
    Notice any similarities?

• Advertisement

HMmmm I got only 200 plat left over, so I am hunting the 50% / 75% off daily roll. Not in a rush, as I only buy Potatoes and Forma.

With steam 50% off it works out 1500plat for 46eu. Thing is I dont really need that much of plat. All I need is about 500 etc. I cant buy starter pack anymore as I got it already. can you buy that gift pack for yourself?

Advertisement