Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

GarethBah wrote: »
    Warzones reward really nice exp and credits :cool:

Getting paid to kill republic whelps! your just teasing me now and i might not even get in tomorrow:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

You can pre-load the game so you only need the cd-key :pac:

That's what I thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Kiith wrote: »
    So would you say it's a good idea to go to Fleet straight away and get them, or if the benefit not worth the effort early on?
    Absolutely - the XP from talking to people is 3 levels now, as opposed to half a level later. Also, it means you have a nice buffer of mats once you start crafting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

this is something i couldnt find when i did the beta test. Whats the default key binding for bringing up the bg/warzone queues and whats the min level you need to be to get in?

I'd really like to pvp my way to 50... then pvp my brains out at 50 :pac:

Raphael wrote: »
    Absolutely - the XP from talking to people is 3 levels now, as opposed to half a level later. Also, it means you have a nice buffer of mats once you start crafting.

As an inquisitor how would i get to fleet fastest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

red_ice wrote: »

Just do the class quests and you will eventually get there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'm loving this game so far. I really didn't think I'd like the video questing thing but, I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

reddy - You get to the fleet soon after creating your lightsabre, which is around the level 9-10 mark, depending on if your doing all the quests. So when you finish the starter zone main quest chain, you are rewarded a lightsabre and are then sent off planet to the fleet. Which has all the vendors etc

But i dont think you can PvP till a higher level, but the pvp comps are on the fleet and most of the other planets vendor areas.

Press M to bring up the map, and on the bottom left you can select some things you wish to way point on the map. Like asking a guard for directions in wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

You should wait til around level 10 anyway, even if you somehow manage to do the quests before that. (Least level i was in the fleet was 9)

At level ten you get your advanced class and access to pvp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

http://potshot.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/korriban-map.png

Shuttle is marked there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Hopefully should be getting in tonight! *prays* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What's the situation with the SWTOR sub forum?

Reluctant to start new threads cause they just get lost in with the other stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We've to wait 6 weeks before we find out. All forums requests have a wait period now.

We've to wait 6 weeks before we find out. All forums requests have a wait period now.

Thats stupid. Back in the day a forum would be up within a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Thats stupid. Back in the day a forum would be up within a few days.

If Dav or Dev start playing it might be earlier :P

I can't decide what to roll. Between imp sniper or Merc arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hi, for anyone on Basilisk Droid, I've seen that it's been down as having Russian and Polish on it. Is there much of those languages being spoken in chat or is it mainly English?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

titan18 wrote: »
    Hi, for anyone on Basilisk Droid, I've seen that it's been down as having Russian and Polish on it. Is there much of those languages being spoken in chat or is it mainly English?

Its only english in general chat from what I have seen. The problem is people are labeling servers as 'polish' or 'russian' if they have 1 guild on it. The unofficial russian or polish server definitly isnt basilisk droid. Im finding that the unwritten rule of english only in general chat is being used in swtor unlike other mmo's

I was watching docs stream last night and he was saying the admins give warnings over non-English in general chat on English servers.

Seems most servers are a mixed bag though

I'm level 19 atm on Basilisk and i've not seen anybody speak another language, so i'd doubt that's true :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

When I was first on, there were a couple of Polish speakers there talking about setting up a custom chat channel so they could use that for Polish and general for English. Perfect solution really.

• Advertisement

Still torn between imp sniper or BH Merc

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Sniper!!! they are just way cooler. its what im rolling, and im the coolest guy i know!! :eek:

Any idea how many players world bosses are designed for :confused:, there's a level 18 world boss in coruscant with 190k hp

Omphin wrote: »

Sniper!!! they are just way cooler. its what im rolling, and im the coolest guy i know!! :eek:

Also I want have to tank or heal, just pew pew. As range I don't have to worry about melee unfriendly boss fights

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Any idea how many players world bosses are designed for :confused:, there's a level 18 world boss in coruscant with 190k hp

I think in beta about 8 lvl 19 took it out with the help of allot more lower level players

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got my bounty hunter to lvl 13, loving it, also loving my sith inquisitor, i think ill level a few toons to mid teens before i get near deciding on a main.

Just took a call from gamestop, they have the game in stock now guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so whats the game like? just another wow copy or is actually a good game? i loved kotor 1+2 but seeing as this is a mmo is the story crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

There giving a 2 day grace period mainly for people worried that they wont have the game by the the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Dcully wrote: »
    Got my bounty hunter to lvl 13, loving it, also loving my sith inquisitor, i think ill level a few toons to mid teens before i get near deciding on a main.

Just took a call from gamestop, they have the game in stock now guys.

How much is it going for in shops? Half tempted to pick it. Would you recommend it ?

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    How much is it going for in shops? Half tempted to pick it. Would you recommend it ?

It's on the gamestop website for 40 euro, but they charge 50 in-store i'm level 20 at the moment, and it's great! :cool:

Advertisement