Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Raphael wrote: »
    Game in Dundrum are now selling on the 15th, with a warning that the servers won;t be up till the 20th.

Result :)
    I'd be very surprised if you didn't - I'm expecting Day 1 to all get in at noon, and the rest of July at least over the course of the first day.

I preordered mine right away but forgot to redeem the code until the 25th :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

GAME in Limerick have confirmed the 15th as well, again with the caveat the game won't actually be up until the 20th (unless you get into headstart earlier).

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

koneko wrote: »
    Result :)

I preordered mine right away but forgot to redeem the code until the 25th :rolleyes:

Nice one i ordered mine off Play.com i am a bit worried that they will not delivery and i wont get code till well after 25th . mind you i don't want to cancel my order as i have put my pre order code into the system and am not sure will it affect it ?

Preorder code isn't tied to your order at all in any way :)

Why you'd order off Play.com is a mystery though! There is zero chance you'll get that for release day, unless they do ship them out earlier again, if the new "release date" (sorta) is the 15th.

If you cancel your order and get it elsewhere, your preorder code is not affected in any way, Play can't revoke it and it isn't tied to the copy they'd send you anyway.

As koneko said your preorder and game codes are separate so you can cancel any preorder without actually losing your preorder code. At this point, if you're worried about delivery and have just ordered a regular edition I'd go to GAME/Gamestop/whoever and just put in an order there to ensure you're able to pop in and get it on the 15th, or at least, before launch.

Play.com have been dodgy for a long while on delivery tbh.

• Advertisement

Game are still taking pre-orders for Standard Editions, but if you already have a preorder code, you can just preorder/buy the game anywhere really.

As koneko said your preorder and game codes are separate so you can cancel any preorder without actually losing your preorder code. At this point, if you're worried about delivery and have just ordered a regular edition I'd go to GAME/Gamestop/whoever and just put in an order there to ensure you're able to pop in and get it on the 15th, or at least, before launch.

Play.com have been dodgy for a long while on delivery tbh.

Cool in that Case i will cancel off play and order off Game this lunchtime

Game are still taking pre-orders for Standard Editions, but if you already have a preorder code, you can just preorder/buy the game anywhere really.

Indeed, I only suggest a preorder (with GAME considering Gamestop told me the last time I was in there the €5 for preorder was a separate charge they won't give you back) so that in the event he buys from an already heavily booked store he's sure he's able to pick up a copy when he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm one of those people :(

Still hoping to get in before the weekend. Regardless of when you order it, you should still get at least 2 days early access...otherwise, it's a bit of a rip off charging you.
    They didn't really charge you though, unless you went with a crappy retailer who didn't make it a deposit.

Still, I'd expect to see everyone in by the 15th or 16th personally, based on how well the beta weekend went. This is shaping up for an absurdly smooth launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nice FAQ here...which i pretty much just read in it's entirety :P

http://liberi-fatali.net/the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic-guide-and-faq/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Just want to clarify this... If i order the game from the website tonight, I will be able to start downloading the game and be able to play it in the 15th(or 13th) when it goes live?

Will it update from my beta test? Or is it a completely new install? I really dont want be be messing around with this, I just want to get going when it goes live and not have to sit around for a day waiting on it to download!

If it was after the 25th, you should be fine

When did you beta test? If you did on the 25th of Nov or after you're sorted, no need to do anything

If you order the game tonight and get a preorder code and redeem it, you will get some early access but definitely not for the 13th. Remains to be seen how much headstart access late-preorders get. If you do get access on the 15th, you'll be lucky, but it depends on how they're organising it.

It was meant to be 5 day headstart maximum, and the 5 full day access being dependent on redeeming your preorder quite early. They changed it to 7 days now, so who knows.

If you preorder tonight you probably won't get in on the first day of headstart but you should still get at least one of it. That would mean the 19th. The game itself is still launching on the 20th, they're just allowing retailers to sell boxed copies a few days early to make sure people are able to get their codes before launch now that there is no grace period.

Regarding your beta client, if you downloaded it for either last weekend or the weekend before lasts, you should be fine and it'll update itself. If you have one from before that probably best to uninstall and get a newer version (though the website is down atm).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

When did you beta test? If you did on the 25th of Nov or after you're sorted, no need to do anything

If you order the game tonight and get a preorder code and redeem it, you will get some early access but definitely not for the 13th. Remains to be seen how much headstart access late-preorders get. If you do get access on the 15th, you'll be lucky, but it depends on how they're organising it.

It was meant to be 5 day headstart maximum, and the 5 full day access being dependent on redeeming your preorder quite early. They changed it to 7 days now, so who knows.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense that everyone will have at least 5 days of early access. The "up to 5 days" is still on the pre order page of swtor and people were annoyed that they kept that up even though it looked like no one who pre ordered so late would get the 5 days, so what's the answer? add 2 days to the early access and leave everyone in in the first 2 days in waves and then they will all have at least 5 days early access!

Yeah, they haven't said, but either they're staggering it out more, or they're giving everyone that preorders 5 days, and those that preordered earlier the extra 2 days (staggered).

Since they're sending out the access emails/notifications as they go along, we won't know for sure until it starts happening, or they make a statement either way.

My suspicion was that maybe, per above, they are sticking with 5 days for newer preorders and adding the extra 2 days for those that preordered earlier, to avoid complaints over the advertising situation in relation to the 5 days

Could be, honestly I think it's more down to the fact that even BioWare were themselves taken aback by the level of preorder demand and added the extra two days so they could smoothly bring on servers as needed for the waves of new players.

It's probable that everyone will get at least one, maybe as many as three days now but everyone getting five is unlikely for me. Right now America has over 900,000 boxed preorders alone, throw in the same for Europe and maybe half/three-quarters again for online preoders and you have over 2.5 million preoders. Getting all of those people in for the full five days, that'd be a hell of a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I managed to lock myself out of my account on swtor.com, the one with my pre-order attached and now I need to ring them to get it unlocked. Given that I work 9-5 with very little time to be making phone calls, this does not bode well.

My pre-order is months old too :(

Client is rejecting my log-in too mate, I think it's just down to the fact the site is down for maintenance. If you're able to log into your EA master account with the same info everything is fine.

https://www.ea.com/profile/login

Client is rejecting my log-in too mate, I think it's just down to the fact the site is down for maintenance. If you're able to log into your EA master account with the same info everything is fine.

When the site is down you will not be able to log into the client leave it a while and you'll be able to log in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

It's not the client unfortunately, it's swtor.com itself. I've had an email from them saying to phone to get it unlocked. Will try it on Saturday and fingers crossed they have people working.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Kiith wrote: »
    Nice FAQ here...which i pretty much just read in it's entirety :P

http://liberi-fatali.net/the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic-guide-and-faq/

Thanks for that!! :)

I had that happen, and it unlocked itself after a while - though that was during beta madness

swtor.com is back up

Re: Early Access
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=724314

"Hello everyone,

We're happy to finally announce today that Early Game Access begins December 13th, 2011. This means that everyone who has pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic and redeemed their pre-order code will have up to seven days to play the game early.

As before, when your Early Game Access begins will be determined based on when you redeemed your pre-order code. You will be emailed on the day you are being admitted to Early Game Access to confirm you can now access the game.

Early Game Access was extended to seven days to allow us to gradually ramp up the number of people in the game over a longer period. This allows us to ensure maximum stability and a good population across servers. It also allows us to have more flexibility on exactly how many people we admit per day.

With that said, we're still planning on allowing a large number of people into Early Game Access on a daily basis. In our final Beta Testing Weekends, we had hundreds of thousands of players on the game servers - and we have additional server capacity for launch. However, we still need to remain flexible during Early Game Access, and this led to the decision to notify people on the day that their Early Game Access begins.

We know many of you expected and wanted advance notice on Early Game Access, but we made this decision to ensure that we could remain flexible and react to unforseen issues during launch. Our number one priority has always been a smooth launch, so this decision was a necessity.

The good news is that effectively everyone is being given two 'extra bonus' days as the EGA program is now up to seven days long. The bad news is unfortunately we cannot let people know on an individual basis when they will gain access until we are ready.

We do understand that you are concerned about when you will receive the email. To save your F5 keys, as well as being notified by email, you will also be able to check the Launcher for Star Wars: The Old Republic. When you have been granted Early Game Access, your Play button will be enabled. (You will need to restart the Launcher on occasion if you're still grey.) Finally, you will be able to login to your account page here on SWTOR.com and check your status.

We absolutely understand (and appreciate!) everyone's eagerness to play, but this plan will ensure that we don't fall at the final hurdle - bringing people into the game at launch. We hope you'll bear with us as we gradually grant Early Game Access to everyone who pre-ordered.
    Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
    [Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]"

Figured as much, but it's still good news for everyone who preordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What happens if you preordered the game from gamestop?

What do you mean specifically mate? When you get access is dependent on when you attached your preorder code to your account, the earlier the more. Who you bought it from doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What do you mean specifically mate? When you get access is dependent on when you attached your preorder code to your account, the earlier the more. Who you bought it from doesn't matter.

I preordered mine from gamestop 1 or 2 months back and never got a preorder code

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Headshot wrote: »
    I preordered mine from gamestop 1 or 2 months back and never got a preorder code

Then you are SOL in getting in a good few days early, i would ring gamestop and let them know you didn't get a code. If you add a code real fast you should still get a few days in game :)

Advertisement