Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

kooga wrote: »
    S4C do not have any Pro 14 rights

apart from eir/premier - TG4 are the only domestic terrestrial broadcaster in the UK/Ireland

They do

https://twitter.com/S4Cchwaraeon/status/1151489432526229504?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Apologies - did they have it last year ?

I think the issue was having the option to have english language comms on the red button and its no wonder S4C is not on the Sky EPG anymore

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Apologies - did they have it last year ?

I think the issue was having the option to have english language comms on the red button and its no wonder S4C is not on the Sky EPG anymore

yep last year too

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

That’s enough S4C

Interesting to see Premier Sports have announced their Premier League fixtures - https://www.premiersports.com/premierleague.html

• Advertisement

just to clarify Premiersports for the ROI

Premiersports 1 and 2 with PL outtake on a saturday

Question will the Pro 14 be then geo blocked ?

what im trying to establish is - will eir sport still needed for the rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The vast majority are on tg4 or the Welsh channel s4c.

All Connacht home games are on TG4. I wouldn't be relying on TG4 or S4C if I want to watch much of the other 3 provinces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

just to clarify Premiersports for the ROI

Premiersports 1 and 2 with PL outtake on a saturday

Question will the Pro 14 be then geo blocked ?

what im trying to establish is - will eir sport still needed for the rugby?

from eir rep

Sky are incorrect. Unfortunately a few of the UK Sky agents keep giving the wrong message. Premier Sports have 3pm Premier League games, Scottish Cup and Serie A. They have the PRO 14 rights in the UK but eir sport are the exclusive rights holders for PRO14 in ROI with the exception of few games sub licenced to TG4 .Premier Sport cannot show any PRO14 contents in ROI.

from eir rep

Sky are incorrect. Unfortunately a few of the UK Sky agents keep giving the wrong message. Premier Sports have 3pm Premier League games, Scottish Cup and Serie A. They have the PRO 14 rights in the UK but eir sport are the exclusive rights holders for PRO14 in ROI with the exception of few games sub licenced to TG4 .Premier Sport cannot show any PRO14 contents in ROI.

perfect - so from august 1st there will be a lot of geo blocking on Premier sports
    -
    - No GAA

- No Pro 14

Essentially all premier sports are bringing to the table for ROI viewers is the PL. - no wonder sky are lumping premier sports in with BT sports as the premier sports offering as a stand alone product is very bare (with the exception of the PL)

perfect - so from august 1st there will be a lot of geo blocking on Premier sports
    -
    - No GAA

- No Pro 14

Essentially all premier sports are bringing to the table for ROI viewers is the PL. - no wonder sky are lumping premier sports in with BT sports as the premier sports offering as a stand alone product is very bare (with the exception of the PL)

I've an interest in watching Serie A so glad I'll be able to watch more of it not via eir anymore. Wonder about the long term future of PRO14 whether it'll stay on eir or if Premier would pick it up should eir leave the market

• Advertisement

Interesting to see Premier Sports have announced their Premier League fixtures - https://www.premiersports.com/premierleague.html

interesting when you read the article its says available in Ireland - it does not differentiate between ROI and NI - if the PL games are available in NI the £99 PA sub is a steal

interesting when you read the article its says available in Ireland - it does not differentiate between ROI and NI - if the PL games are available in NI the £99 PA sub is a steal

Tweet says ROI only

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1151845212026810368

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

Keen to see the pricing for Sky subscribers for the 'Extra'. Having dropped BT some time ago I wonder if Sky will have access to German football (via Extra) as well as Serie A?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

yknaa wrote: »
    Keen to see the pricing for Sky subscribers for the 'Extra'. Having dropped BT some time ago I wonder if Sky will have access to German football (via Extra) as well as Serie A?

BT have the rights for German football. Premier Sports have Serie A.

La Liga rights are still up for grabs AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Acosta

yknaa wrote: »

They will as the Bundesliga is on BT and Serie A is on Premier Sports. Both on Sky Sport Extra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Also confirms that Premier Sports is only available on Sky TV. I was hoping it wasn't gonna be exclusive to Sky

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Also, Eoin McDevitt to present. Plenty of Top 6 in the first few weeks - definitely looking every bit the reincarnation of Setanta’s old 3pm show (if they could dig up the theme music, that would be even better).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Both Man Utd games that are available will be shown before September end live at 3pm on Premier is a smart move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Given the likely cost the only hope for many (legally) will be using Now tv. If BT and Premier are on Now tv and you can subscribe without taking sky sports it could be a very good option, especially if people have eir sports free through their broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Given the likely cost the only hope for many (legally) will be using Now tv. If BT and Premier are on Now tv and you can subscribe without taking sky sports it could be a very good option, especially if people have eir sports free through their broadband.

Not so sure Premier will be available on Now TV.

Hopefully is though for subs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Schwanz wrote: »
    Not so sure Premier will be available on Now TV.

Hopefully is though for subs

I was told by a Sky agent that BT will be available on Sky Go but Premier won't.

Could that mean it will be a similar set up for Now TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Delta2113

- They need to do a better job of separating U.K. relevant information from ROI information.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Do you think this is likely? Also if it was can you cast with say a monthly sports pass to TV??

I currently have everything with Eir but from 1st Aug that isn't as appealing as it was as no interest in rugby and that seems to be the only thing they will be offering!! Contract not up until next Feb so a bit snookered. Currently have Sky Sports with Eir but getting that at reduced price so wondering would I be better off cancelling that and going with what Now TV will hopefully offer.

Suppose I am lucky in that I am with Eir for good few years so if had just signed with Eir for BT Sports would be raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 discocisco

Was told by NowTV on twitter that Premier Sports will be available along with BT but they do not have a date yet and just said "later in the year"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Acosta

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    I was told by a Sky agent that BT will be available on Sky Go but Premier won't.

For Eir customers what was now free and HD will now cost money and be in SD and what was available to stream that used up no data now won't be available at all. It's all stick and no carrot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

You shouldnt have to fork out for the Sky HD charge in order to View Bt/Premier in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mikeym wrote: »
    You shouldnt have to fork out for the Sky HD charge in order to View Bt/Premier in HD.
    Unfortunately that's the way its going to be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I was all set to cancel by Eir broadband next month but there is an article in the business post where it says the following EIR is expected to come to an arrangement with sky to continue providing the by channels to its customers. Does anyone know the truth are Eir going to now keep the by sportspack?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

roadmaster wrote: »
    I was all set to cancel by Eir broadband next month but there is an article in the business post where it says the following EIR is expected to come to an arrangement with sky to continue providing the by channels to its customers. Does anyone know the truth are Eir going to now keep the by sportspack?

Providing the channels to eir tv customers, yes. But at a charge I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭swoofer

Wow that would be perfect, seeing as I have eir bb. And I did read somewhere a message about eir to await a major announcement. Anyway we will know in 2 weeks so not long.

Advertisement