Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,700 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

The manager just told you, out of the blue, to 'Eff off and mind your own business' ?

Well.........Not even getting half the story there I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,989 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

not sure who is worse, those parking illegally in disabled spots , or the lad going around 'challenging' the people parking in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

A Nation of Chancers Once Again
    A Nation of Chancers Once Again

tanned legs Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,929 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I'm sure the taxi drivers would rather have a cab full of tanned legs.
    Bastards, eh?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    That's the other side of the coin - where they're properly observed then disabled users can come and go and hardly anyone notices.

So what's the major problem then? There's normally spaces available most of the time in disabled bays. You can't guarantee there'll always be a space.

The reality for most people is that you might hope to park somewhere but it's full and you have to go elsewhere or come back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Well reflected in this topic anyway, some people are never happy. I see disabled parking spots most places and they're usually empty.

That's the other side of the coin - where they're properly observed then disabled users can come and go and hardly anyone notices. I've seen this often recently in my nearby Aldi, which has 4 disabled spaces.

Of course, much of the time two of the spaces are occupied by chancing arseholes with no badge in sight who are too important to be walking more than a few metres.
    Shur they'd drive in the doors in their pajamas some of em if they could

BarryD2 wrote: »
    So what's the major problem then? There's normally spaces available most of the time in disabled bays. You can't guarantee there'll always be a space.

The reality for most people is that you might hope to park somewhere but it's full and you have to go elsewhere or come back later.

If no able-bodied people fraudulently used spaces, and all disabled spaces were occupied by genuine disabled users, I'm sure that disabled drivers looking for a space would shrug and wait or change their plan.
    It's when they KNOW that some of the spaces are being used by chancing cnuts that the steam starts coming out of their ears.

I have no dog in this race at the moment, as I'm not a wheelchair user or have a blue badge, but I've had cause to use a wheelchair in the past and future medical issues might see me either in one or needing a badge, so I tend to take an interest.

I will say this, though. In future when I see chancing bastards using spaces I won't be shut up about it.

And to think she made such a promising start.. Zzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Haha. No enforcement in a very selfish Ireland. Forget about any change

"I wasn't successful on this occasion says he"
    Admit it ya got 12 first preferences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Traffic warden, "What's your disability, mate?"

Me, Tourettes, ya c**t

If no able-bodied people fraudulently used spaces, and all disabled spaces were occupied by genuine disabled users, I'm sure that disabled drivers looking for a space would shrug and wait or change their plan.
    It's when they KNOW that some of the spaces are being used by chancing cnuts that the steam starts coming out of their ears.

I agree entirely but as I say, I suspect the problem is being exaggerated here. It's common to see empty available disabled spaces, so most of the time it mustn't be a problem. To guarantee that a space would be available would require far more designated spaces which would be empty most of the time.

Pubs should have drunkard spaces so pyssheads can get in and out their cars easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

This lad uses an awful lot of words to say very little.

• Advertisement

"I have files in my attic."

Next to the bats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe ringing Yew to give Katie a hospital ball there

ah give her a disc.. shes 'armless

It'll soon be like de medical card and a third of every car park will need to have disabled spaces!! :)

Politicians to blame. Responding to badgering from constituents looking for handicapped stickers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Am I being harsh or does anyone else think it should be reserved for wheelchair users and people without the ability to walk long distances safely?

A lad dashing for the off licence near here
    sligojoek wrote: »
    2i6tcy.jpg

Katie, some people are sh!te walking. Years of zero enforcement have created bad habits

Right, time's up.

From one extreme to the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Think katie is trying to make tomorrow's programme worse than today's... every day. And shes succeeding. That was dire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

And to think she made such a promising start.. Zzzzzzzzz
    Joe soon put a stop to that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Didn’t hear today’s show. What was the highlight topic, if any?

honeybear wrote: »

Gay Pride posters in Thurles being taken down by some nefarious type, then disabled parking spaces being the national topic of interest.
    The first one made sure she got a huge advert in for the event, the second was just a huge moany hole slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A lad dashing for the off licence near here

Joe: wat colour was de car in de picture?
    Caller: Black
    Joe: you can’t say dat! You can’t say dat!

honeybear wrote: »

The end !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

if you're disabled or have a disabled child or relative then you'll understand how annoying & frustrating it is to have an able bodied person park in a designated space..

i applaud Katie and the Liveline team for highlighting this, and i agree with the final caller there should be a TV & radio ad campaign about this

fryup wrote: »
    if you're disabled or have a disabled child or relative then you'll understand how annoying & frustrating it is to have an able bodied person park in a designated space..

i applaud Katie and the Liveline team for highlighting this, and i agree with the final caller there should be a TV & radio ad campaign about this
    only a total dick would park in those spaces anyway. I don't believe they'll have been swayed by that programme.

There's a view out there in some quarters that disabled people don't need the spaces of an evening.. There's 2 outside a local pub here that are used by the local byes in the evening.. Same guys are down the gym every chance they get yet they wouldn't walk 10 yards from another space up the road.. Another one is the guy or gal who don't actually park in the space but on the double lines in front of it thereby rendering the space unusable.. . Ah but they didn't park in the disabled bay so that's ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Am I being harsh or does anyone else think it should be reserved for wheelchair users and people without the ability to walk long distances safely?

This is it to me.

The woman with one arm trying for years to get the disability badge and if she got it would take a space that someone in a wheelchair or difficulty walking would then be without that space.

Your so yesterday.bud. They're not DIS-abled, they Less-abled. . Must be true, some clown said it 100 times on the LL today :)

only a total dick would park in those spaces anyway. I don't believe they'll have been swayed by that programme.

well they might be...anyway there's no harm in getting the message out

well they might be...anyway there's no harm in getting the message out

For 60 minutes on prime time national radio ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sinead O Con.. I mean O Carrol on the tonight show again now.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    This is it to me.

The woman with one arm trying for years to get the disability badge and if she got it would take a space that someone in a wheelchair or difficulty walking would then be without that space.

My mother in law takes the biscuit. She has one because of a mini stroke 20 years ago. She has no problem walking anywhere. If my OH or her sister ever bring her to town she has to bring the badge and insist they park in a blue bay even if there's a spot outside where they need to go.

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »

It's on but I'm not listening. Once I saw Ciara Kelly, I turned the volume down.

My brother was telling me about a c*** in Nenagh who has a badge for some dubious reason. He regularly comes to town around lunchtime/ afternoon, parks up outside a pub and goes on the piss for the day. He gets the (free) bus home in the evening and comes back for the car the next day. He's been known to come back for the cure and leave it a second night.

Edit: This is not a pub car park. It's on a busy town street.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Jeff2 wrote:

Looking well I will say, worth a whistle or two.
    sligojoek wrote:
    It's on but I'm not listening. Once I saw Ciara Kelly, I turned the volume down.

Good decision, she's Interrupting folk as usual in order to be heard.

Aska wrote: »
    Looking well I will say, worth a whistle or two.

Good decision, she's Interrupting folk as usual in order to be heard.

It sure was. I learnt more from watching the almost final instalment of a lad in Canada restoring an old Jaguar engine. Last week he fitted it to a car and drove it. Music to the eyes and ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It sure was. I learnt more from watching the almost final instalment of a lad in Canada restoring an old Jaguar engine. Last week he fitted it to a car and drove it. Music to the eyes and ears.

Wat colour was de car? :pac:

Joking aside, almost any Jaguar in Racing Green is a thing of beauty IMO.

For 60 minutes on prime time national radio ???

if 1hr is what it takes.......then so be it............as i said above if you have personal experience of this you'll have a better understanding of the frustration it causes

• Advertisement

if 1hr is what it takes.......then so be it............as i said above if you have personal experience of this you'll have a better understanding of the frustration it causes
    If you think Liveline has any actual interest in addressing this issue I regret to inform that this is most unlikely.

What you would need is a personality that Joe is attracted to to make a story out of and keep his macabre interest up; but the matter at hand is often sidestepped to delve in to gory details not holding those responsible to account...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,989 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what colour was the bouncy castle ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Boring, how much longer is Joe away?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Eh did you threaten him with a big eye-urn bar caller?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

the beginning of the end of bouncy castles

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement