Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭visatorro

Don't block the indicators anyway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

visatorro wrote: »
    Don't block the indicators anyway!!!

God forbid

You know the way ploughing is not seen as carbon friendly any idea about the Harrow or disc Harrow? What's the scientific view

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

You know the way ploughing is not seen as carbon friendly any idea about the Harrow or disc Harrow? What's the scientific view

No idea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Better than ploughing in that regard. You are exposing less soil to the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭davidk1394

It’s seen as shallow inversion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Sumo trio type is maxi til
    Ripper tine/ deep disc is min til
    3” and shallower is scratch til

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm starting looking for a new shear garb for next winter, looking for one that will do for bales as well as pit silage. 100hp 4wd tractor and I'm struggling to find a grab less than 600kgs weight.

Tanco are E4500 and Prodig are E5500 for a 1.5m grab with plastic grab which is a bit more than I'm hoping to pay. Rossmore aren't answering their phones so who else would be making something similar out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Do Tighe engineering still do them

whelan2 wrote: »
    Do Tighe engineering still do them

I just looked there now. They do shear grabs from 5' up but no information on whether there's a plastic grab available for them.

I got a call back from Rossmore, they're off on 2 weeks holidays today. They have a 4'6" grab with plastic grab for E3200 but I'm not sure the strength would be in them like the other two above. It just looks like a normal grab with plastic grab attached.

• Advertisement

I just looked there now. They do shear grabs from 5' up but no information on whether there's a plastic grab available for them.

I got a call back from Rossmore, they're off on 2 weeks holidays today. They have a 4'6" grab with plastic grab for E3200 but I'm not sure the strength would be in them like the other two above. It just looks like a normal grab with plastic grab attached.

Do you not think that's very big for your tractor?

Do you not think that's very big for your tractor?

I have a 4'4" already on and it's plenty big for me, tbh. But it's getting shook now so I'm thinking of replacing it but ideally with something that can grab the plastic as well as doing pit.

The weights of 600kgs+ are putting me off going for a bigger grab but if that's the choice I have that can do both then I'll have to suck it up for a while and get a bigger tractor when I'm changing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭jaymla627

I have a 4'4" already on and it's plenty big for me, tbh. But it's getting shook now so I'm thinking of replacing it but ideally with something that can grab the plastic as well as doing pit.

The weights of 600kgs+ are putting me off going for a bigger grab but if that's the choice I have that can do both then I'll have to suck it up for a while and get a bigger tractor when I'm changing again.

Prodig grab is over 740kgs and is pretty severe on a tractor/loader combo, the loader bracket bolts sheared here after 2 seasons and that was on a t6140 that was over 6 ton weight and it wasn’t even the boss of the grab you’d have to be careful on slopes our you’d tip over handy enough too...
    Useless for bales aswell as the Hardox times don’t spike the ball so you have to try and scoop it up, alright on concrete base but a disaster if bales are stored on clay.....
    Paid 4600 for the 1.5m grab so they have gotten dearer too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

When you say grab the plastic what do you mean? Are there shear grabs out there that can split bales also? I could do with replacing mine also, however I need something that can do pit silage/maize and lift bales.

Timmaay wrote: »
    When you say grab the plastic what do you mean? Are there shear grabs out there that can split bales also? I could do with replacing mine also, however I need something that can do pit silage/maize and lift bales.
    Tanco I75 Multi shear

Prodig Megabite

Prodig Shear Genius

Rossmore Multishear

That's all I've found so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭stanflt

Gone to the red side-

stanflt wrote: »
    Gone to the red side-

Well wear.

Did you trade in the NH?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Well wear with the tractor stan. Fine outfit.

God that sulky is starting to go bit. But tis used a lot and not idle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Muckit wrote: »
    Well wear with the tractor stan. Fine outfit.

God that sulky is starting to go bit. But tis used a lot and not idle

Bro has one too rustin after 3 yrs

• Advertisement

What dealer did you buy it from? A big change alright. Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Tanco I75 Multi shear

Prodig Megabite

Prodig Shear Genius

Rossmore Multishear

That's all I've found so far anyway.

did you ring rohan engineering ? don't know if they do what you're looking but their kit appears to be well made

orm0nd wrote: »
    did you ring rohan engineering ? don't know if they do what you're looking but their kit appears to be well made

It doesn't look like the do a shear grab just a bale slicer. The plastic grab on that looks good though.

I'll give them a shout on Monday just in case they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

It doesn't look like the do a shear grab just a bale slicer. The plastic grab on that looks good though.

I'll give them a shout on Monday just in case they do.

The rossmore looks good. On a blizzard too which is 95hp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

stanflt wrote:
    Gone to the red side-

Nice rig there, what size tires are they on the back?

Nice rig there, what size tires are they on the back?

650/65/38

Well wear.

Did you trade in the NH?

Had to she blew the transmission after 3013 hrs- had warranty for 3000 hrs- wasn’t covered

What dealer did you buy it from? A big change alright. Good luck with it

Wbd in north Dublin

stanflt wrote: »
    Had to she blew the transmission after 3013 hrs- had warranty for 3000 hrs- wasn’t covered

That's rough and you dealing with them a long time.

• Advertisement

That's rough and you dealing with them a long time.

Correction- was dealing with them a long time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement