Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Priority Switch Issue

Options
  • 18-07-2019 9:00am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We had a shower priority switch installed about three years ago which we're now having issues with.
    To my understanding the priority is given to shower S1.
    However, recently, if both shower pull cords are at 'off' and I try and swich on pull cord S1, the power doesn't switch on. Pull cord LED not lit nor does the shower have power.
    If I go to the second shower (S2), it's fine (always).
    It may take a few goes but if I turn on shower S2 and let it run for 10 seconds and then switch it all off and retry the pull cord on S1, it comes on.

Is this common?
    What would you advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It might be a connection problem on the shower circuit, pull chord etc. Or with the priority unit. But not necessarily a priority unit problem.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thanks.
    I could check the pull cord switch to the S1 shower. Otherwise I reckon an electrician will be needed.

Advertisement