Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

cadetship 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

RJ123 wrote: »
    Yeah I felt well prepared going into it after my mock but I struggled in some areas and felt rambling at time. It’s really easy to think about the bad stuff though and not focus on your good areas so I wouldn’t worry too much. Going to need to be better for my Navy Interview tho as I felt like I missed some opportunities to talk about the things I wanted them to know about me. I wonder what the in take will be like this year

I felt like I was rambling for all of my answers. Really didn't give enough info at all. I wish ye the best of luck! When are you up for the Navy?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RJ123

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    Have you heard anything back from the navy apart from the garda vetting form?

No we should know sometime within the next few days. The last Group assessment was on Tuesday and they said they wanted to get back to us by Friday but could be later. How many people were at your assessment we only had a couple people

I felt like I was rambling for all of my answers. Really didn't give enough info at all. I wish ye the best of luck! When are you up for the Navy?

You probably had good moments you are neglecting because you are focused on the bad which is easy to do. Like I know I had good moments but cant help but kick myself on my bad ones. Haven’t officially heard back but looked like an interview was probable based on what they were telling me *knock on wood* not many candidates for it but still looked very appealing to me. They said our interview would be in two weeks or so. Was able to complete the whole medical process there too which was convenient so I wasn’t required to take bloods for the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

No we should know sometime within the next few days. The last Group assessment was on Tuesday and they said they wanted to get back to us by Friday but could be later. How many people were at your assessment we only had a couple people

Ye same, there was only 5 of us in total and that was like 2 weeks ago

Presumably we’ll hear Monday I had to actually contact them about something and their phones have been down for 3 days. Office might have been closed for a bit following recruitment days

• Advertisement

Let me know when you hear something and I’ll let you know likewise has been impossible to reach them about something which has been frustrating

Let me know when you hear something and I’ll let you know likewise has been impossible to reach them about something which has been frustrating

Any word on when we get contacted about whether we passed the interview? Got two emails today thinking they were them but they were just in regards to Garda vetting and my General service medical

Any word on when we get contacted about whether we passed the interview? Got two emails today thinking they were them but they were just in regards to Garda vetting and my General service medical

No he said by end of this week or even next week. The thing is it’s also dependent on the Navy because they send out offers at the same time for people who applied to more than one of the three. I think they’ll send you an invite to a medical next but they take more people to the medical than they accept because people fail it.

No he said by end of this week or even next week. The thing is it’s also dependent on the Navy because they send out offers at the same time for people who applied to more than one of the three. I think they’ll send you an invite to a medical next but they take more people to the medical than they accept because people fail it.

I was told by the head of recruitment that Army line medicals start on the 22nd of July. And like they would have to give us a few days notice at least.

I was told by the head of recruitment that Army line medicals start on the 22nd of July. And like they would have to give us a few days notice at least.

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised if it is pushed back though since evidently some people haven’t done their Garda forms and not a huge rush since Navy interviews wouldn’t be until the 27th. If I did get through I’m not sure if they’ll make me do another medical since I did my navy one they said there is a chance I wouldn’t have to go which would be ideal since I’m not close to Dublin. Hoping that would be the case for me

• Advertisement

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised if it is pushed back though since evidently some people haven’t done their Garda forms and not a huge rush since Navy interviews wouldn’t be until the 27th. If I did get through I’m not sure if they’ll make me do another medical since I did my navy one they said there is a chance I wouldn’t have to go which would be ideal since I’m not close to Dublin. Hoping that would be the case for me

Well atleast should be on the 27th those haven’t been confirmed yet either

Just got my Navy date on the 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

Just got my Navy date on the 31st

Same, my interview is at 3, and yourself?

passed the interview lads. Sigh of relief I must say.

passed the interview lads. Sigh of relief I must say.

When you hear back from them? I’m not gonna panic this time because they got back to me a day later last time lol

Same, my interview is at 3, and yourself?

Got it a bit earlier than you

When you hear back from them? I’m not gonna panic this time because they got back to me a day later last time lol

This morning. You did your interview 2 days later than me so give them time to organise medicals and all. Good luck anyway! We could both end up in the Curragh come September

This morning. You did your interview 2 days later than me so give them time to organise medicals and all. Good luck anyway! We could both end up in the Curragh come September

Yeah that’s what I figured they are probably doing it in groups and they tell you either way if you passed or not so I’m not too worried yet and congratulations! Yeah both Army and Navy start in the Curragh so if either scenario works out we could be up together. Just gotta get ready for this Navy interview they gave us two weeks preparation which was a plus.

Yeah that’s what I figured they are probably doing it in groups and they tell you either way if you passed or not so I’m not too worried yet and congratulations! Yeah both Army and Navy start in the Curragh so if either scenario works out we could be up together. Just gotta get ready for this Navy interview they gave us two weeks preparation which was a plus.

That’s handy! Best of luck with the navy aswell! I’ve heard there’s very few in for the Navy. On one of the overnight assessment days only 2 people showed up. What Navy Cadetship did ye apply for?

That’s handy! Best of luck with the navy aswell! I’ve heard there’s very few in for the Navy. On one of the overnight assessment days only 2 people showed up. What Navy Cadetship did ye apply for?

I was there with only 2 myself. Could of been my group. I went operations. I’m interested in their boarding team in particular. Yeah he said they were taking 30 interviews for 15 spots so should be like 13 operations 2 engineers not all 30 might show up so could be even higher odds. In the scenario where I was to be offered both I’m not actually sure what I’d want yet both are very appealing to me

• Advertisement

I was there with only 2 myself. Could of been my group. I went operations. I’m interested in their boarding team in particular. Yeah he said they were taking 30 interviews for 15 spots so should be like 13 operations 2 engineers not all 30 might show up so could be even higher odds. In the scenario where I was to be offered both I’m not actually sure what I’d want yet both are very appealing to me

For the Cadetship sin general how many people get called to medical? Is it the intake plus 50%? I heard talk of there being 100 positions on the go. 15 Navy, 10 Air corps and 75 Army. However I could be wrong. The Army didn’t conduct that many interviews either. Air Corps had 25 interviews for 10 spots.

For the Cadetship sin general how many people get called to medical? Is it the intake plus 50%? I heard talk of there being 100 positions on the go. 15 Navy, 10 Air corps and 75 Army. However I could be wrong. The Army didn’t conduct that many interviews either. Air Corps had 25 interviews for 10 spots.

Yeah it’s usually 50 percent more than intake. Same with interviews.

Anybody who wasn’t on the Monday interview dates hear back anything yet? I know they probably have to be waiting on bloods for some of the later interview dates but just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

Anybody who wasn’t on the Monday interview dates hear back anything yet? I know they probably have to be waiting on bloods for some of the later interview dates but just curious.

I got my date for medical 2

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

Might be a problem getting medical dates. First medicals were pushed back from the 22nd to the 24th

I have medical 2 on the 22nd

Ducky00 wrote: »
    I have medical 2 on the 22nd

Ah right. My mistake about the first medicals. Maybe just mine was moved back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 R0ibeard1997

Lads any idea how long medicals will take? Is it a whole day affair or just a few hours

Lads any idea how long medicals will take? Is it a whole day affair or just a few hours

My general service one lasted from 8am to 3pm. Some lads got away at half 12. A lot of it is just waiting around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

A lot of it is just waiting around.

Get used to it. Thats the job. Hurry up & wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 R0ibeard1997

Cheers lads, how'd ye get on today? No fasting this time thank God

Advertisement