Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 18-05-2018 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello- I got a quote for my car insurance from my broker of €1300!! I logged into Aviva and got a quote for €600. Same policy same terms full comp cover. I have gone with Aviva Is there a catch? Are Aviva good? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I have been with Aviva 3 years now, paid €280 fully comp this year,but never made a claim that's when you find out if a insurance company is any good or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Same thing with me. Chill broker renewal was for €1200 after 4 years no claims, got the same policy directly from another insurers website for €720. Even if it's a new customer discount, I can't see them jacking up the price too much next year.

...oh wait, this is the Irish car insurance market :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

is 500euro for 7 years full Irish licence with 7 years no claim bonus fully comp a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

gercoral wrote: »
    is 500euro for 7 years full Irish licence with 7 years no claim bonus fully comp a good price?
    It depends on any amount of factors. So the answer is yes and no. Impossible to answer ger

• Registered Users Posts: 7 niteowles

gercoral wrote: »

Did you do any better than the 500 if so which company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,330 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

niteowles wrote: »
    Did you do any better than the 500 if so which company?

The number that poster quoted means nothing, you don't know what car they're driving or where they live. Age is also a factor.

Advertisement