Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-07-2019, 13:30   #1
Deboradcm

123 claim or not, €2100?

Hi. I hit the back of another car this year and they contacted my insurance that paid them 2100 euros. I don't have any claims protection and my insurance last year costed 1200 (even with 6 years NCB). The questions is should I pay 123.ie back this money (they said my NCB wouldn't be affected if I pay this before my renewal date in september) or should I leave this and pay a higher premium next time?
Advertisement
07-07-2019, 13:32   #2
biko
Arbiter

It's up to you, because no-one knows what your premiums will be next time.
07-07-2019, 13:49   #3
Eggs For Dinner

Wait until you get your renewal notice then decide
07-07-2019, 19:20   #4
Marcusm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboradcm View Post
Hi. I hit the back of another car this year and they contacted my insurance that paid them 2100 euros. I don't have any claims protection and my insurance last year costed 1200 (even with 6 years NCB). The questions is should I pay 123.ie back this money (they said my NCB wouldn't be affected if I pay this before my renewal date in september) or should I leave this and pay a higher premium next time?
6 years seems to be the highest NCB with 123 which claims up to a 60% reduction for NCB. This would imply your undiscounted premium would be €3,000 but there’s no need for a guess as it should be stated on your renewal document from last year.
08-07-2019, 16:05   #5
Deboradcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusm View Post
6 years seems to be the highest NCB with 123 which claims up to a 60% reduction for NCB. This would imply your undiscounted premium would be €3,000 but there’s no need for a guess as it should be stated on your renewal document from last year.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I just checked and I got 1586 euros discount last year.
Advertisement
08-07-2019, 16:12   #6
grogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboradcm View Post
No protection? Not even step-back?

As advised, I'd wait for renewal notice... First year it might not be beneficial to pay back, but remember that the claim and the reduction in NCB will be with you for around 5 years...

And get full bonus protection next time.
09-07-2019, 07:03   #7
Deboradcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogi View Post
No protection? Not even step-back?

As advised, I'd wait for renewal notice... First year it might not be beneficial to pay back, but remember that the claim and the reduction in NCB will be with you for around 5 years...

And get full bonus protection next time.
I just checked and yes I have stepback protection

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion