Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company car - named driver insurance

Options
  • 18-07-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

Looking for underwriters for a company car.

Car has one driver and he's named but car is owned by the business.

Anybody have the name of insurers for this scenario - I don't have a fleet policy to get blanket cover on it as there is only this one car and a van. No problem with the van cover yet.

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

traco wrote: »
    Looking for underwriters for a company car.

Car has one driver and he's named but car is owned by the business.

Anybody have the name of insurers for this scenario - I don't have a fleet policy to get blanket cover on it as there is only this one car and a van. No problem with the van cover yet.

Any suggestions welcome.

I would imagine if the named driver is not an employee of the business that you'll have difficulty getting them covered as it would be commercial insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

I would imagine if the named driver is not an employee of the business that you'll have difficulty getting them covered as it would be commercial insurance.

Sorry - should have said he is the named driver and a full time employee of the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Does the company that your business insurance is with do motor insurance?

They would be your best bet if they do.

Otherwise its just going to be a matter of picking up the phone and seeing who will quote.

I'd imagine the number of companies that would consider it will be quite small though.

Maybe your van underwriter can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

I'm getting the impression there may only be one/two companies active in this segment - I have it with another broker at present that does the main company insurance so we will see.

Advertisement