Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farm insurance?

• 11-07-2016 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello i am 18 and have full license and am looking to get on road in jan hopefully on my own. I have 4 acres in my name and am wondering if i bought a sheep and kept it on my land so that i could get farm insurance.. big question then is can i get car/van insured under farm considering my age and the fact that every 18 year old lad is a boy racer here..... is there much if any saving here??? Thankyou in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Hello i am 18 and have full license and am looking to get on road in jan hopefully on my own. I have 4 acres in my name and am wondering if i bought a sheep and kept it on my land so that i could get farm insurance.. big question then is can i get car/van insured under farm considering my age and the fact that every 18 year old lad is a boy racer here..... is there much if any saving here??? Thankyou in advance!

What's the average farm Insurance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 3350johndeere

Seen 400 for public liability only on a 60 acre farm there.. its a lottery by the look of it🀔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

I'd certainly look into it - it's been quite a few years but I recall a lad your age driving a land cruiser when I was in school saying that it only cost an extra 200 euro on his auld lads farm policy

jumbone wrote: »
    I'd certainly look into it - it's been quite a few years but I recall a lad your age driving a land cruiser when I was in school saying that it only cost an extra 200 euro on his auld lads farm policy

Ya ive heard very similar myths. Will definitely visit broker tomorrow nd get their views. Laughter im guessing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Isn't there a new motor insurance thread?I think you posted in there already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

magentis wrote: »

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1765

Not your ornery onager

Ya i must try their now. Course i seen it jus after i posted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Ya i must try their now. Course i seen it jus after i posted..

I reckon the farming section might be even better?

Just a thought!

Well lads.. im 18 have full license and am looking to get on road by meself round jan... i own 4 acres of land and was thinkin if i kept a sheep or 2 on it and registered it as a farm.. could i then insure a car/ van on farm insurance and is there any saving in it? Thanks in advance+

I reckon the farming section might be even better?

Just a thought!

Ill try everywhere at this stage haha. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

Ill try everywhere at this stage haha. Cheers!

multiple identical topics wont make you popular with the powers-that-be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm pretty sure that insurance is only for tractors and other machinery, not cars.
    But hey, ring a couple brokers and check.

Advertisement