Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial & private insurance combined?

Options
  • 10-07-2016 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Folks,

Work full time for an employer.. (would not be covered to drive to this job If I purchas a van & obtain commercial insurance)

I also own a very small part time business which I now require a small van.

Im wondering is there anyway of insuring and having a van / crew van reclassified for private use along with occasional commercial use?

Would like to use van for commuting to full time job and also for kids / dogs etc etc.

Anyone have any advise or experience?

Thanks in advance

'CB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

kccbr900 wrote: »
    Folks,

Work full time for an employer.. (would not be covered to drive to this job If I purchas a van & obtain commercial insurance)

I also own a very small part time business which I now require a small van.

Im wondering is there anyway of insuring and having a van / crew van reclassified for private use along with occasional commercial use?

Would like to use van for commuting to full time job and also for kids / dogs etc etc.

Anyone have any advise or experience?

Thanks in advance

'CB

All commercial motor policies have to legally cover you for SD&P as well as commercial use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kccbr900

All commercial motor policies have to legally cover you for SD&P as well as commercial use.

Cheers for that... any quote ive obtained so far have specifically informed me that I am not insured for anything other than delivering / picking up stock etc as part of the part time business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

You are covered for 'use in connection with the business described in the schedule' and SD&P.

Advertisement