Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League 2011. General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

amacachi wrote: »
    Thought a few more would've popped in with the Union match in Twickers now.

Yeah, not a lot of love between the two codes, no hate or anything, just apathy (talking about Quins). It would do the team a favour to ditch Quins eventually to end up in a more accessible part of London that would make it easier to just go on the "spur of the moment". But having the reassurrance of the stoop in their franchise bid will probably keep them there for a while anyway.

Gareth Thomas has tweeted he got a improved reception at Castleford this year, thank goodness. Would think he must be coming toward end of his career ?maybe this is his last season, and it will be good if his impression of RL when he finishes is a positive one.

Recent Tweets

Gareth Thomas

It was a nervy experience for me,but you all showed your passion for rugby and nothing else mattered.Thank you.x

After all the negative press bout the few at Castleford last year.Wanna thank everyone at the club for making a great place to play rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Be interesting to see who gets the new SL slot today...I'm assuming its going to be Widnes....

toomevara wrote: »
    Be interesting to see who gets the new SL slot today...I'm assuming its going to be Widnes....

so widness got the place, halifax can continue their bid to 2012 and barrow failed to meet the criteria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Funny old game, Wigan should've done more early on but Leeds have had it all in hand since.

• Advertisement

Dunno if that was more daft or nasty though I have to admit I didn't realise it was against the rules.

Big questions gotta be asked after that, wouldn't think Wigan were the ones who spent 10 minutes down to 12 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

First time poster here. Wigan fan myself great comeback although it was case of Leeds blowing it then anything. Taught Goulding catch for his try was top drawer.

Huddersfield not too much of a shock though a poor performance from Warrington but WTF happened in Wigan tonight!?

Weird that Wigan have lost 8 out of last 13 at home. Catalans have just started to get into gear now and Steve Menzies seems to be starting to produce for the dragons what he has for last couple of seasons in SL. I think hes about 50 now isn't he?

• Advertisement

Good old Quins, getting hammered again, Wakefield turning us over nicely. Anyway none of this messing about, win 4 in a row, lose 5 in a row, so, presumably we are due to win the next 4 on the bounce?

Oh, and congrats to Wakefield to getting into positive in the points column.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Good old Quins, getting hammered again, Wakefield turning us over nicely. Anyway none of this messing about, win 4 in a row, lose 5 in a row, so, presumably we are due to win the next 4 on the bounce?

Oh, and congrats to Wakefield to getting into positive in the points column.

Thanks Doofer, I think Quins are having a crisis of confidence at the moment and hopefully it wont last too much longer.

I think, because of the well-documented early-season troubles Wakey had, that people assume we are going to be a bit of a pushover.

Wakey are playing survival-rugby.

14 of Wakey's 17 players today were British, most are young and either cast-off's from other teams or have come through the club's academy - all are given 100% effort and that's all Wakey fans can ask for - the Kear factor (again).

To get nearly 5,500 supporters at the game (1,000 up from last season) shows that the fans are sticking by the team.

toomevara wrote: »
    Martin Gleeson gone from Wigan? strong rumours floating about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/wigan/9415552.stm

This could be an "interesting" one if the rumour mill is to be believed....

So after being let go by Wigan, Hull FC have signed him on an 18 month contract, good luck to them with that. (as I was looking back in the thread for this post I happened upon the league table showing a certain team at the top, ah happy day!)

Good signing if he plays ball.

good game at the stoop tonight apparently. good atmosphere too and 4000+ there which is encouraging.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    good game at the stoop tonight apparently. good atmosphere too and 4000+ there which is encouraging.

Such a pity Quins couldn't hold out for a win.

Wakey have all but signed their demotion to the NL after their performance against the Saints. For all their effort Wakey looked totally out their depth, the gulf in class an unbridgable chasm. :(

I think if quins hadn't been on such a bad run I would have been more disappointed but it was great to stop the rot. For the NL, crusaders are far and away most deserving of the heave at present.

Now that's what I call a match! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Wigan/Helens OMG what a quality game.

I think I say this around the same time every year but I really must start watching more Super League

Quins on a downward spiral already this season, shame after such a promising start. Getting a shoeing at home to Salford at the mo. 22 4 down already!!

Catalans getting beaten at home too, I think the table will have a fairly familiar look to it come the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

i tell ya gaskell and lomax are the finds of the season

absolutely battered leeds tonight
    G'WAN YOU SAINTS!!!!

Fantastic from the Saints, not a great game because they were so much better than the Rhinos tonight.

finally after what seems forever, Quins get another win on the board. Against fellow strugglers wakefield. Its been a miserable couple of month.

Well done to the Quins.

We all always like to help them break a losing streak:rolleyes:

Wakey are the classic example of a team of young, inexperienced players - they get a good win (as against the Giants), it goes to their heads and the next week they are brought to earth with a bump.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Can anyone stop Wigan retaining the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fernandovargas

hsbc wrote: »
    Can anyone stop Wigan retaining the title?
    i would have said the same of warrington

i would have said the same of warrington

Afraid Wigan are the only team able to retain the title ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fernandovargas

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Afraid Wigan are the only team able to retain the title ;)
    :Djust realised that lol

Never seen a team so quick to whinge and moan and resort to crap like today as Leeds.

• Advertisement

John Kear stepping down from Wakefield at the end of the season, hopefully he fancies a job in London, he would be good for the Harlequins.

Advertisement