Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint a bike

Options
  • 09-04-2008 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

Anybody would know who could paint bikes decently in Dublin?
    I'm not talking about conventional spray job.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Do you mean hand-painting or powder-coating?

If the latter, there is a place in Walkinstown that does it quite cheaply:

http://www.qualitypowdercoating.ie/
    erizo wrote: »
    Hi,

Anybody would know who could paint bikes decently in Dublin?
    I'm not talking about conventional spray job.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I painted a bmx frame a few years back. I looked into companies doing it, but it worked out very expensive. If its too expensive post back here and ill let you know what you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

I have forwarded an email to the company you told me Ghost Rider, but i assume it will cost me a good few euros for that.

So then, nobleste, if you could give me any advice, that would be brilliant.

Thanks to both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Let us know how it goes, will ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I found that painting a frame years ago didn't really work - I used spray automotive paint, stripped the frame to bare metal, well sanded, couple of coats of paint lightly sanded between coats and then about 6 coats of clear lacquer - the paint never really hardened, it would chip if you sneeze at it. Very disappointing after all the effort involved. Perhaps I used the wrong paint or something, but it was all I knew/could afford at the time - was about 15 I suppose!

• Advertisement

I will guys let you know how it goes. Though it is an old bike it's got a lot of memories and wouldn't like to miss it as it needs a body work for chips, rust and usual scratches. So i will keep you updated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

It cost me sixty quid, which included sand blasting the frame first. That seemed pretty reasonable.
    erizo wrote: »
    I have forwarded an email to the company you told me Ghost Rider, but i assume it will cost me a good few euros for that.

So then, nobleste, if you could give me any advice, that would be brilliant.

Thanks to both

I rang the paiting company and they asked me 120 for the job.
    This month it is a bit too much for my budget, so i'll need to wait then.

If anybody knows any other place to paint it, let me know.

Thanks

Advertisement